Other four stroke wont start top end rebuild

The base is fixed on the locating dowel, the rotor itself can be removed from the spring loaded base and adjusted. Apparently it came out of the base at some point and I put it back in 180 degrees off. I dont remember this happening so I assumed it was correct.

The base is fixed on the locating dowel, the rotor itself can be removed from the spring loaded base and adjusted. Apparently it came out of the base at some point and I put it back in 180 degrees off. I dont remember this happening so I assumed it was correct.

I'm glad to hear you got it running. :thumb:
Now post some pics! Love them old school XR's- XL's

Will do. Hey ive started it and let it idle to hot engine, cool, while retorquing the head bolts noticed small oil leak between cylinder and crankcase. After this I did start it again, warmed, rode it down the rode with varied minimal throttle through the gears once, turned around and came back. Now I havent been able to tell if its still leaking or not, wondering what you all would do? Break it back down and throw new gaskets in? I wonder if the bit of running I did with it, rings reseating?

SRAD97750

Staff member
I would run it until you are sure there is a leak, then change it.
But some base gaskets need re torquing to get them to their final sealing pressures.
-BIG DAN:thumb: