Intake FMF SNAP

FMF SNAP - Starting at $99.99

sq_fmf.jpg
The air box is connected to the throttle by the air boot. The typical boot is inefficient in routing the air stream as it snakes around the frame and shock before reaching the throttle valve. The irregular shape of the boot produces unsteady and erratic air flow - turbulence. The result is compromised power delivery.
The SNAP fixes this problem.
The FMF SNAP divides the air passage within the boot into quadrants to increase air velocity by directing the air stream and reducing turbulence.
w_fmf2.jpg
With improved air flow to the throttle valve, you will experience crisper and immediate throttle response, as well as a boost in the low to mid-range torque.
Installing the SNAP is as easy as installing an air filter in most cases and requires no jetting or fuel changes. Drop it in the air boot and FMF says you will feel an immediate difference at the first crack of the throttle with a healthier pull off the bottom.
w_snap.jpg
Fitment:
HONDA
CRF450R 05-08
CRF450X 05-12
CRF450R 11-13
CRF250R 2012
CRF450R 09-10
CRF250R 10-11
CRF150R 07-12
KAWASAKI
KLX, KLR 650 87-12
KX250F 12-13
KX450F 12-13
YAMAHA
YZ250F 10-13
WR250F 07-13
SUZUKI
DRZ 400E 00-07
DRZ 400S 00-12
RMZ250 12-13
RMZ450 2013
KTM
250SX, XC, 300XC 2011
250,300, EXC,
EXC SIX DAYS, XC-W 12-13
350, 450, 500EXC
XCF-W 12-13
SXF350 11-12
250SXF, XCF
XCF-W 2012
more coming soon
:thinking:

James

Staff member
Where's the actual product review, all I see is a sales pitch. :noidea:

Come on CDA pop one of these in your bike and see how much of an improvement it makes. :thumb:

and as a 15 year old with a 250f I thought to ask about products that increase the velocity of the intake trac on TT, the answer I got from the powers that be is that in a properly jetted bike they make no difference.
I'm not trying to sell you on the product, just saw it and thought I would share. They not claiming to fix jetting issues and yes a properly jetted bike will probably not see much difference. FMF is stating that it will enhance the throttle response and gain a little snap off the bottom.

I'm not trying to sell you on the product, just saw it and thought I would share. They not claiming to fix jetting issues and yes a properly jetted bike will probably not see much difference. FMF is stating that it will enhance the throttle response and gain a little snap off the bottom.
I realize that.
I'm just stating my opinion that its most likely a worthless product.

products like this have been around for years. FMF acts like they are reinventing the wheel and on top of that they want a hundred bucks for it. The issue is the slide on the carb cause turbulence between 1/4-3/4 throttle opening.

Lets say the intake boot is 4" in diameter (just for easy math sake) if you open the throttle 1/4' the slide on the carb goes up one inch. so you have air coming through the 4" air boot and trying to shove itself into the one inch opening. All the air bouncing off the slide will cause turbulence and cause the air trying to go through the 1" gap to not flow as easy. The FMF Snap or the Power now piece essentially divides the intake path into 2 or 4 separate chambers depending on what part you buy. This reduces the chances of turbulent air affecting the throttle response at lower RPM. MY KTM 450 has the power now on it and it made a big difference as I tried it with and without the unit.

Also noticed a huge difference on my harley in which I run a velocity stack. My bike is really picky about where my leg is during the ride as my leg creates turbulence in front of the carb and it starves for air.

Is it a necessity? NO. Is it Snake oil? NO. You can run without it, but once you put it on you will definitely be able to tell the difference. Now I could be totally blowing smoke but I believe this is why the FI model bikes use a butterfly instead of a slide to cut down on the turbulence.