first ride of the new year, but not on dirt?

I have not, but I'm a lot better with my surroundings than you'd think :lol: actually I was doing my legal 25 in a residential zone and some guy backed out in front of me without looking earlier today. I stopped plenty in time but I blew my horn for a good 5 seconds then threw my hand up in the air like "man what the fuck?!". Needless to say, he ignored me anyhow to the best of his abilities. :picard: No really going anywhere real far .
Statistics show that a lot of accidents happen with in a few miles from home. I also have lame brains on my street that back out of their drive way and never look, like they are the only ones that live on this street. Happens more than I could ever imagine. One neighbor totaled another neighbors daughters little SUV. She was driving too fast on the street and he never looked backing out of the drive. :naughty: I also live on a quiet dead end street but that does not matter.

Sweet! Got a picture?

Here are my two choices.

1996 CBR600 F3. I can get it for $1200 with a jacket that's too big and some parts. Have to drive 2 hours. Only 10,000 miles on it.
http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/mcy/3486424793.html

Or a 1989 CBR600 F (street fighter with tail swap). I can get this for $1050 with parts, helmet and jacket my size. And he can meet me halfway. It looks real clean, but has 25,000 miles.
http://blacksburg.craigslist.org/mcy/3514771669.html

What would yall street riders recommend? It's a hard choice for me. I wonder how the 89 F(1) compares in performance/weight to the 96 F3.
You should buy a 1985 interceptor with 40000 on it, it only needs 1 oil seal to be 100%................

I'm going to as soon as we get a break in the winter in addition to my license classes. But for right now I'm just going to look over my shoulder constantly
I have been riding street bikes for 40 years and believe me you can never be too cautious. I will not ride certain days anymore because there is too much traffic and too many chances to be taken out, I even used to ride my bikes to work sometimes. :shocked: I used to ride down to the beach all the time years ago but now it is a death sentence. I only go for some early morning rides on Sundays if possible as freeways are less crowded and then I can hit some back country roads. Be safe and have fun out there. :thumb:

I have been riding street bikes for 40 years and believe me you can never be too cautious. I will not ride certain days anymore because there is too much traffic and too many chances to be taken out, I even used to ride my bikes to work sometimes. :shocked: I used to ride down to the beach all the time years ago but now it is a death sentence. I only go for some early morning rides on Sundays if possible as freeways are less crowded and then I can hit some back country roads. Be safe and have fun out there. :thumb:
Statistics show that a lot of accidents happen with in a few miles from home. I also have lame brains on my street that back out of their drive way and never look, like they are the only ones that live on this street. Happens more than I could ever imagine. One neighbor totaled another neighbors daughters little SUV. She was driving too fast on the street and he never looked backing out of the drive. :naughty: I also live on a quiet dead end street but that does not matter.

Actually the majority of accidents happen close to home on a motorcycle and at the beginning of rides. Also 60% involve alcohol consumption, just interesting things I had to know for the test. But all of what you said it completely logical :thumb: Great speech. I put 4 hours on the bike in the last 2 days, and I don't think I ever went over 35 :thinking: This is also why you wear all your gear and leathers everytime you head out, even down the road.

Wow i must have been doing it wrong then
3841001565_a220c18ffe.jpg

Don't die JYD...

Even though I am fully capable of passing the test and riding on the street, I am taking the 2 day (20hr) course in a couple of weeks for my endorsement. I guess it's worth it if I learn one thing. It also lowers insurance. And for $125, It could be worse.

Don't die JYD...

Even though I am fully capable of passing the test and riding on the street, I am taking the 2 day (20hr) course in a couple of weeks for my endorsement. I guess it's worth it if I learn one thing. It also lowers insurance. And for $125, It could be worse.
I have to take the class either way, but in 6 months I will, since you license test is the last day. Also, dying isn't on my plans anytime soon :prof:

Since 2007? you have to have a paper saying you completed every hour of the 2 day riding course to even obtain a motorcycle license in Florida. Good idea imo so you don't have some goon who doesn't even know how to operate a motorcycle having their motorcycle license :eek:

The last thing I want to see my kid on is a streetbike. The funny thing is that I already know he is probably a better rider than 80% of the tools I see ripping on their rockets.