first ride of the new year, but not on dirt?

Today this guy just got his motorcycle permit (car permits too) and went out for a 3 hour ride in the elements :thumb: So happy, my freedom is set free. So anyone swinging by this way hmu for a group ride!

Awesome! I've had my motorcycle permit for 8 months. One more and I will be licensed. I'm picking up a bike on the 15th or 16th.
:thumb: nice! lucky for me, the only thing a license will grant me that I will use is carrying passengers. I wanna see what you get :thumb: my ride is a GZ250
stay safe YD...i hope you took some kind of Motorcycle safety class if you are riding street.
I have not, but I'm a lot better with my surroundings than you'd think :lol: actually I was doing my legal 25 in a residential zone and some guy backed out in front of me without looking earlier today. I stopped plenty in time but I blew my horn for a good 5 seconds then threw my hand up in the air like "man what the fuck?!". Needless to say, he ignored me anyhow to the best of his abilities. :picard: No really going anywhere real far, and sport jean, good protective shoes, a full face helmet, goggles, gloves and a leather jacket.

its not what about what i think... they will teach YOU things that can save your life... its worth it bro.
I'm going to as soon as we get a break in the winter in addition to my license classes. But for right now I'm just going to look over my shoulder constantly

:thumb: nice! lucky for me, the only thing a license will grant me that I will use is carrying passengers. I wanna see what you get :thumb: my ride is a GZ250

Sweet! Got a picture?

Here are my two choices.

1996 CBR600 F3. I can get it for $1200 with a jacket that's too big and some parts. Have to drive 2 hours. Only 10,000 miles on it.
http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/mcy/3486424793.html

Or a 1989 CBR600 F (street fighter with tail swap). I can get this for $1050 with parts, helmet and jacket my size. And he can meet me halfway. It looks real clean, but has 25,000 miles.
http://blacksburg.craigslist.org/mcy/3514771669.html

What would yall street riders recommend? It's a hard choice for me. I wonder how the 89 F(1) compares in performance/weight to the 96 F3.

Awesome, I'm thinking about getting mine for my birthday in march. 150 for the required riding course and then cost of new I.D.

Not sure if it's worth it though considering I don't have country roads to ride on. Too dangerous to ride around in traffic. Would be awesome to have something road legal to take camping though :thinking:

SRAD97750

Staff member
What would yall street riders recommend? It's a hard choice for me. I wonder how the 89 F(1) compares in performance/weight to the 96 F3.
The 89 is much heavier and lacks some refinement in the suspension catagory. Less fun to ride but still a blast!
The 96 would be a rocket with semi-modern suspension and "scare you" power, both on the brakes and on the throttle. You would grow to love it in every way.
In the early 90's sportbikes came A LONG way in the japanese markets. Like two different creatures...

Now Streetbikes don't go like cars. 50K miles and you should expect some engine work. Most people ride them abusively, so they have a hard time getting to 100K without a rebuild in there somewhere. 10-25K is a perfect mileage to buy. -BIG DAN:thumb:

The 89 is much heavier and lacks some refinement in the suspension catagory. Less fun to ride but still a blast!
The 96 would be a rocket with semi-modern suspension and "scare you" power, both on the brakes and on the throttle. You would grow to love it in every way.
In the early 90's sportbikes came A LONG way in the japanese markets. Like two different creatures...

Now Streetbikes don't go like cars. 50K miles and you should expect some engine work. Most people ride them abusively, so they have a hard time getting to 100K without a rebuild in there somewhere. 10-25K is a perfect mileage to buy. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Thank you!!

Sweet! Got a picture?

Here are my two choices.

1996 CBR600 F3. I can get it for $1200 with a jacket that's too big and some parts. Have to drive 2 hours. Only 10,000 miles on it.
http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/mcy/3486424793.html

Or a 1989 CBR600 F (street fighter with tail swap). I can get this for $1050 with parts, helmet and jacket my size. And he can meet me halfway. It looks real clean, but has 25,000 miles.
http://blacksburg.craigslist.org/mcy/3514771669.html

Personally I like them both :thinking: I kinda would lean towards the 89 though