Finger Position On Bike Levers

James

Staff member
Which fingers do you use for the clutch and brake levers?

Here's a diagram in case you forgot what you're fingers are called. :smirk:

handsForManual.gif

I ride with both index fingers resting on the levers at all times, but only use the index finger on the brake and index and middle on the clutch, unless I am clicking gears across the open desert, then it is only the index on the clutch...

I must be retarded because I use em' all whenever clutch or brake is required!:crazy:

For those of you that can't finger it out, it's these ones: :wave:

But, I have these freakish XXXXL hams for hands that make using anything less than all the digits uncomfortable. Since I mainly trail ride, there is little call for clutch feathering, plus, I'm slow!:ride:

i agree, with just the index on the front brake and the index and middle finger on the clutch at all times. for me it give me alot more control than if i grab the lever with all my fingers.

in use to 4 finger grab the clutch because i had not adjusted the lever to not touch the grip. i adjusted it and now i grab three fingers on the clutch.. all but pinky.

brake i grab with index and middle finger.

i wish i could use anything less than 3 fingers on my clutch and i would but my clutch pull is so friggin incredibly tough i have no choice. the brake is a different story. i use good ole... ahh.... what fingers are they again... :thinking: you know the first two from the thumb on my hand that is on the other side of my body that's from the clutch... that's the left right or right left or portside... or is that starboard.... off the stern maybe.... hell I don't know :noidea: two of 'em that's all i know :moon:

in use to 4 finger grab the clutch because i had not adjusted the lever to not touch the grip. i adjusted it and now i grab three fingers on the clutch.. all but pinky.

brake i grab with index and middle finger.

:wow: 3 finger clutch, even with the hydro clutch? Man, that's how many I use on my clutch that has a cable in about as much need of replacement as my front tire :prof::smirk: When I rode my friend's 144, I was 2 finger clutching and 1 finger braking and keeping my fingers on the levers at all times :banana: I felt like a pro. It must be what CDA feels like :devil:

:wow: 3 finger clutch, even with the hydro clutch? Man, that's how many I use on my clutch that has a cable in about as much need of replacement as my front tire :prof::smirk: When I rode my friend's 144, I was 2 finger clutching and 1 finger braking and keeping my fingers on the levers at all times :banana: I felt like a pro. It must be what CDA feels like :devil:
:thumb: Almost there brutha...