450F Evie the YZ450F

Man, you just must not understand the importance of "lengh" when it comes to pipes. I think ( at the risk of getting someone else's rabid attention) that with the tilt back head the pipe would be about 8" past the rear wheel. (Tuned exhausts really just don't come in any length short of optimum.)
Not my point. Thanks for the inteligent input. :whistle:

Way easier to work on IMO. Air in the front where it belongs. I'm almost ready to sell the crf so I never have to work on it again. Squeezing the fuel management between the knees just seems stupid now.

Way easier to work on IMO. Air in the front where it belongs. I'm almost ready to sell the crf so I never have to work on it again. Squeezing the fuel management between the knees just seems stupid now.
Instantly thought about this, I had to replace the injector hold down on the kx, what a biotch, and I didn't even have to remove the throttle body

Do you like the 180* head and where everything sits? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that design. Wonder if they will stay or if they will change it back. Why can't they have the exhaust go straight back, or off to a side enough to miss shock. Instead they wrap it around the front. Never really gave them a good look at the dealer.

Oh know, I said head...
180 ? didnt they used to call that "69"?

18339312_10212995273584701_1965137511_o.jpg

Did the break in oil change today, unlike the kx, it didn't spit oil everywhere but the drain pan :P
other than a few bits of rtv in the strainer, nothing visible as far as shavings.
Popped the oil pressure check bolt (something I'm not sure why my non yamaha's had) and it built pressure almost immediately after being started.

Took her on her first major desert excursion today and fucked up horribly bad.
I went riding with the guy who has done my suspension set up for the last 2 bikes, one of his buddies who rides a 15 yz450f was there, it was fresh out of revalve, he's about the same weight and skill level. After seriously struggling with a rear end that was fighting, he suggest I try the freshly revalved bike, I went from having a hard time keeping up with the group, to being right on Greg's tail looking for a place to pass (Greg is no slouch, he runs the #6, an earned #) He suggested if I didn't have the money to pay to have it set up, that it seemed like the bikes rear spring is way too soft, race tech's spring calculator agrees, stock is a 5.6, recommended is a 6.4.

Did 45 miles, that was about the end of the fuel it holds too. Also put the first scratch in it.

it was fun, on the bike that was set up right. I can't swing the full blown suspension tune but he is correct, according to the charts the rear spring is way off.

I have found Racetechs spring calculator to be off usually by a half. So look for something around a 6+