Eating better. The daily menu I will eat the next day and why.

After Turbo got me thinking more about my diet I thought others may gain from what we are talking about and maybe help some others out.

Okay first here is what I plan to eat tomorrow and why. Since there are lots of reasons for each I will hit the main ones. I will state I'm not a dietary counsler or an advisor in any means. This is the diet I am eating and the reasons why. Again you should consult a doctor for your dietary needs.

Breakfast
Oatmeal (whole grain oats, natural fiber, and protein)(Protein helps get you through the day and rebuilds muscle)
Berries or apple (Quick energy and natural sugar) (Plus it taste good)
Orange Juice (Vitimin C, Healthy Carbs to get you going)

10:00 Snack
Raisens, (Fiber, carbs, sugar, protein)
With glass of water

Lunch

Chicken breast (Meat Serving, mainly for protein)
Brown rice, (Carbs, fiber and protien)
small salad with vinager salad dressing, (Carb, also vitamins)
part of a v-8 juice and glass of water (juice for vitamins)

2:00 Snack
Boiled egg Again protein
finish the V-8

Dinner
Salmon (Protein, fat)
steamed with veggies (Fiber)
Fruit Salad (Carbs and Natural sugars)
Glass of Milk (Carb and protein)

Desert
Mixed Berries with some milk (carbs and protein)

:naughty: You're doing it all wrong.

Breakfast- Nothing, I woke up at 1 pm.
Afternoon snack- family size bag of salt and vinegar potato chips
Dinner- Large sized Quad Stacker Meal from BK...and salad (I'm a bit of a health nut obviously by my choice of salad with dinner :hail: :rolleyes:)
No dessert (again, I'm a health nut :devil:)
2 am- Chow Mein (yum)

:lol:

Bryce, good thread--keep it up. I have found that I have increased stamina when I eat properly. I have a hard time finding riders my age that can keep up with me. Not speed, but stamina or saddle time.

Dee

The most UNHEALTHY meal!

I don't know if this is funny or sad, but I cook up a breakfast at my cabin for friends that has since been nicknamed "John's Massive Coronary". It's delicious, and requires a one hour nap after consuming.

First off, it is cooked over an open fire outside on a griddle and grate.

First, get the griddle hot and start crisping up bacon (1/2 lb per person of thick sliced deli peppercorn) The griddle holds all the grease from the bacon. Set all cooked bacon aside in skillet next to fire to stay warm. At the same time, throw a big wheel of hot Italian sausage on the grate over really hot coals to crisp the outside yet keep the inside juicy.

After the bacon is done, Fry up thin sliced red skin potatoes, sliced onion, and chopped green chili's in the bacon grease until they are crispy and brown. Set aside with the bacon to stay warm.

Crunch up some of the cooked Italian sausage and bacon, chop fresh onion, chili's, mushrooms, and make jumbo omelettes using 3 eggs each and a pile of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Fried in bacon grease, of course.

Serve with toasted bagels and cream cheese.

About the only way I could make this breakfast more unhealthy is if I cooked it over burning tires.
:shocked:

I don't know if this is funny or sad, but I cook up a breakfast at my cabin for friends that has since been nicknamed "John's Massive Coronary". It's delicious, and requires a one hour nap after consuming.

First off, it is cooked over an open fire outside on a griddle and grate.

First, get the griddle hot and start crisping up bacon (1/2 lb per person of thick sliced deli peppercorn) The griddle holds all the grease from the bacon. Set all cooked bacon aside in skillet next to fire to stay warm. At the same time, throw a big wheel of hot Italian sausage on the grate over really hot coals to crisp the outside yet keep the inside juicy.

After the bacon is done, Fry up thin sliced red skin potatoes, sliced onion, and chopped green chili's in the bacon grease until they are crispy and brown. Set aside with the bacon to stay warm.

Crunch up some of the cooked Italian sausage and bacon, chop fresh onion, chili's, mushrooms, and make jumbo omelettes using 3 eggs each and a pile of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. Fried in bacon grease, of course.

Serve with toasted bagels and cream cheese.

About the only way I could make this breakfast more unhealthy is if I cooked it over burning tires.
:shocked:

I gained a couple of pounds just reading that. Does sound good though. :thumb:

Been so busy I forgot to continue this. I can't explain it all but I will throw in what I'm having incase someone is struggling on what to have.

Breakfast
Ceral (Mini wheats) I know it has sugar but a little won't kill you
apple (Quick energy and natural sugar) (Plus it taste good)
Milk

Today it was Cheese and crackers

Lunch

Lean Pocket made with chicken, whole grains, and veggies
Water

Nuts, (Mixed)

Dinner
Cod (Protein, fat)
Potato (Have some bacon bits and cheese but be carefull with the fats)
Pine Apple(Carbs and Natural sugars)
Crystal Light Basically water with flavoring

Desert
Mango Yummy!

This weekend I'm going to be elk hunting so here is what we will eat while on the move.

Breakfast
Granola Bar
apple (Quick energy and natural sugar) (Plus it taste good)

Today it was Cheese and crackers maybe some jerky

Lunch

Tuna with crackers and relish
Cheese stick
Jerky
pear
Water

Jerky, fruit cup, viena sausage, Nuts, etc

Dinner
Elk Steak over fire(Protein, fat)
Corn on the cob(Carbs and Natural sugars)

Desert
Probably won't have any

Sunday Elk hunting

Breakfast
Muffin
Orange (Quick energy and natural sugar) (Plus it taste good)
water or Juice of some kind

Cheese and crackers maybe some jerky

Lunch

Left over elk steaks
Cheese stick
Jerky
pear
Water

Jerky, fruit cup, viena sausage, Nuts, etc

Dinner
Elk Steak over fire(Protein, fat)
Corn on the cob(Carbs and Natural sugars)

Desert
Probably won't have any

Just gonna point out that Crystal Light has tons of Aspertame in it...one of the worst things your body can ingest. It's in diet sodas too, it's a substitute used to achieve less calories. Consuming less unnecessary calories doesn't help much if it causes you to get cancer :noidea: