Easter 2013 - Spangler

So Easter Sunday arrives and I told my dad I would take him for a ride through the El Pasos to see Walsh cabin and head out to the Talc Mines. I figures we would be gone for most the day, so we loaded up an ice chest and headed out. Rack and boys (Gman and Rack Jr.), Captain Pumpkin and Family (CP Jr and Mrs. CP) and Rim Dent joined us for the ride. They all loaded up some drinks and snacks in the back of the Cat as well.

First stop 'Hobbs Wash'

This group was paying a tribute to their fallen friend Hobb. I guess he took a bad tumble on his quad going down the canyon and passed away from his injuries, so they posted this sign and visit on a regular basis. They even had a shot of Tequila in his honor.
DSCN0504.JPG

We headed down Hobb's wash and I came to this....Not sure if Rack had a dirt nap and is trying to play it off as he wanted to take my picture, but I snapped one of him as well...:smirk:
DSCN0505.JPG

We are heading down there...
DSCN0507.JPG

Mr. & Mrs. CP following along....
DSCN0508.JPG

Not everyday that you see Water in the des like this. I have been through here twice now and there is always water. Must be an underground stream or something..:noidea:
DSCN0509.JPG

Stopped off at Colorado Camp. Not a lot of anything camping here though. I bet this was a pretty cool place when it was standing.
DSCN0511.JPG

Made it to Walsh. Rack Jr is getting into the snacks and Gman is saying, "Hey where is your dad venturing off to?"...Sometimes the bumpy trails get to you..:smirk:
DSCN0512.JPG

Here is Father and Son posing for pictures......:hug:
DSCN0514.JPGDSCN0516.JPG

Nice views from up here.
DSCN0517.JPG
Stay tuned....

Here are some shots Rack took on the way to Walsh......

Rack Jr. getting ready to leave camp..
DSCF0560.JPG

See I told you he was trying to play it off as he was taking our picture. I am not buying it and he could not pick himself up fast enough, so he ninja'd the camera out and took a pic instead...:camera:
DSCF0563.JPG

Here are the boys chillin' waiting on me to stop site seeing with Dad....
DSCF0565.JPG

I was trying to roost Rack, but it is a little harder in this 4 wheel monster.....
DSCF0567.JPG

Here we are approaching this massive water crossing.....
DSCF0570.JPG

Wow that was a close one....
DSCF0571.JPG

CP making his way by.....
DSCF0572.JPG

Mrs. CP is up next.....
DSCF0573.JPG

A view from the Cabin....
DSCF0574.JPG

OK off we go back down and towards the Talc Mines.....
DSCF0576.JPG

Stay tuned....

So we get back down the mountain and rack says, Rack Jr, is not feeling well and he is taking him back to camp.....Nice excuse, I think Rack was telling himself, "Hey CDA is going to be gone a long time, so I will tell Rack Jr to act sick and we will go back to camp so I can take the new #5 out for a demo...:devil:

Little did he know, It was well protected by Mrs. Rack and double locked to the trailer....:naughty:
DSCF0583.JPG
IMG_1478.jpg

So we parted ways and the rest of the crew went with us..(CP family, Gman and Rim Dent)

We blasted pass Bickel as we already been there and it was closed to visitors and stopped at John and Jac Cabin...
DSCN0520.JPG

Dad was wondering if CDA Jr was out here as he saw the fresh Dew can.....
DSCN0518.JPG

Checking out the kitchen and sleeping area....
DSCN0519.JPG

We then stopped off at the Post Office to send out our Easter Cards. I hope you all got yours. I heard the mail out of here is a little slow.....
DSCN0521.JPG

Talc Mines.....
DSCN0522.JPG

Gman, CP Jr, Rim Dent and Dad checking it out...
DSCN0523.JPG

We headed out and made our way back to Morman Gulch and EP15 intersection for a quick regrouping and what my plan was for getting back to camp....
DSCN0524.JPG

I told the group I was going down the wash and wanted to take my dad across the Air strip as he has not seen it yet. Everybody was good with that so off we went down the wash...

Stay tuned....

So we are heading down the canyon and come around the corner and we run into an obstacle. :rant: where the H@%% did this rock come from?

As you can see here with CP Jr, the boulder to his left use to be on the hill farther left...
DSCN0525.JPG

I was the first to come around the corner and see this...I believe some rock crawlers or big trucks must of hit this rock and it rolled down into the trail. I was not sure we would get the cat around it as there was no room to go where CP Jr is going in the pic above. Rim Dent had an :idea: and said "let's move these rocks under neath and roll it more out of the way..:picard: that is smart, so when we move the last rock holding this up, it will roll onto your arms and we will be like Turtle Shifter up in RF but with no one around that can move it off.

Well I looked at the situation and it looks like I can go left of the rock (Right as you are staring at it here) and go up and around....Well it was some work and we added some nice new scratches to the nerf bar and one wheel but we got around... CP took pics on his camera of me going around the rock, but for some reason I did not get them from his mem card when loading them. Maybe CP will sign in here and add them for me....

Anyways, here is Mrs CP showing us how to get around the rock...She went right or left as you are looking at it...
DSCN0527.JPG

Nice approach....
DSCN0529.JPG

And she is through...:clap:
DSCN0532.JPG

Here she is heading down the next section...
DSCN0537.JPG

Dad waiting to head out...
DSCN0533.JPG

We put the camera away and headed on down the canyon. We jumped on the Air strip and it was super silty. 60 miles later, we were back at camp and talked about the adventure. We sat around for a little bit and then I slapped some Ham Steaks on the grill and made dad and I an Easter dinner....

Stay tuned....

OK, here we go.....

Monday rolls around and I have this huge box in my trailer from the MGR that needs to be delivered to Barbie Paradise. So we load them up in the Cat, gather the troops and head out. I told Rack I was taking the scenic route with my dad into the Sand hills as he has not been there yet, so off we go.

Here the group going on the ride.
Rack, Rack Jr, Gman and Rim Dent...
DSCN0538.JPG

CP, CP Jr and Mrs. CP.
DSCN0539.JPG

The whole group getting ready....
DSCN0540.JPG

The boys waiting....
DSCF0594.JPG

Wow you should see the view from up here....Um, I need to back up as I don't think it would be cool to drop off here....
DSCF0595.JPG

The boy thought it was OK, Rack Jr and CP jr getting it done.
DSCF0597.JPG

Making our way.....
DSCF0598.JPG

What a great shot of Gman and the desert background...:thumb:
DSCF0599.JPG

Here is Rack Jr....
DSCF0600.JPG

Gman working his way up one of the hills....
DSCF0601.JPG

At this point we kind of got separated from the group, so my dad and I drop out of the hill and into the sand wash and head for the desert corner. Rack would know we will wait there, so here we are waiting.....and Waitng.....:smirk:
DSCN0541.JPG

Stay tuned....

Well the rest of the group arrived and off to Barbie Paradise we go....

There it is, still intact.
DSCN0543.JPG

A few additions were added...
DSCN0544.JPG

Need to have a tub and their own Royal Flush....:devil:
DSCN0545.JPG

Someone got a new car and received some added HP..:smirk:
DSCN0546.JPG
DSCN0547.JPG

I think CP is a little too happy holding onto his "rocks"...He has been in the desert way too long....:smirk:
DSCN0549.JPG

Gman relaxing in the CDA lawn chair....
DSCN0550.JPG

What girl doesn't like a super bike? Nice number..:thumb:
DSCN0551.JPG

Even have a rock crawler section....Hey, everybody has this number..:thumb:
DSCN0552.JPG

How many guys does it take to point out that Rim Dent has a big dent in his rim?:lol: CP's face expression is classic. "wow that is a good dent you got there, sorry you have that." Rack on the other hand..":lol: You call that a dent?, I can add more to that for you. :devil:"
DSCN0554.JPG

Father and Son shot...:thumb:
DSCN0556.JPG

See Ya Barbie Paradise...:wave: I think it is time to expand and spread out more. Need to add some structures as well.....:thinking: Maybe a dawn patrol in the near future....:ride:
DSCN0558.JPG

Stay tuned.....