East meets West DBA Ride!

Would you be willing to travel to the middle of the Countryfor a DBA ride and when?

• Total voters
Wow Dave, kind of pushy I must say...ever thought of being a wedding planner? :smirk: :P :devil:

All jokes aside, I can see what you mean but having a location worth going to, but I'm sorry to say I disagree with multiple points on your post. Nothing wrong with taking a family or a novice rider. We were all there...we have ALL been helped (I personally have ridden and been helped multiple times by multiple riders on this forum as I did not start riding till my early 20's). Like Travace said, it doesn't have to epic hardcore shit.

The BEST trips I have on my bike are not because of the location I'm at...but because of the people I'm surrounded by.

I dont need a 60ft step up or a huge whip to have the best ride of my life. I dont need 6500ft of elevation change for an epic adventure... A great ride for me would be watching Travis chase his kids while teaching them to ride. Rack getting locked out of his motorhome, Kickin my feet up with Nedge Timo and CDA over a cold one while sampleing country cooking Jax and Buck (as well as the other purveyers of fine food)bring to the table while the teens beat each other up with bottle rockets...... Thats the great adventure and it very well good be the most epic ride ever... who knows? :noidea: I'm willing to try....

Sorry guys, I guess I can't go. I have kids and a wife and I don't want to ruin everyones time by trying to bring them out and meet all you fine folks I come to like here on this forum. So I will just stick to the local hot spots so I don't ruin everyones trip. I guess being a family man means you can't ride and have a good time. Who knew:noidea:

Since I never officially commited no loss here, but that post is definalty one way to weed the maybe's or talkers out. :wave:

It sounds like fun and a lot of people seem interested. As far as your post "Dave, the great rider & writer (for your long ass post) woods" I had to stop reading half way through your post because it got to stupid. But anyways, to keep it short, if you don't want to go and be held up because of learning riders or it's not a "epic" enough location, the dont go! Lol. Its pretty simple. Just the ride with a big group of friends and people who have the same passion as yourself is worth the trip to myself and others. Like said earlier, it's not where you go, but who you go with. :thumb:

thatsa pretty elitist attitude.... i can have fun on all kinds of rides... it dont have to be jsut the most epic hardcore shit.

100% Elitist.

Riders like me, carry chainsaws, often, as the good stuff is seldom ridden, ride it, you clear it. Guys like me, went ahead of other riders and cleared the forest trails many enjoy. Those down trees get cut out by guys like me. All that follow can stay on the trail.

Losers go out early in the season and go around the downfall. Placing heavy pressure on the land managers to close trails/areas.

Stonyford, fire, closed! Why, the trails are in good condition? The dangerous trees that are likely to fall can be cut down. We have too many irresponsible riders who would have a field day going off trail. Or not willing to help get the area ready to ride.

I can have fun riding anywhere, too. But am I going to drive 1500 miles to ride Quad trails and a MX track? Passing by some of the best riding in the world. Screw that. I cannot imagine a rider like CDA or Sun driving 1500 miles, driving right by the best trail systems in the World, to go ride Gorman for a week.

Seriously, do you think CDA is going to take a week off work, travel 1500 miles, to ride a few Quad trails and spin some laps on a MX track? Perhaps riders like him would? Not me...Now the opportunity to go ride a new area, with spectacular vistas, many days of great trails to ride and good riders to ride with, I am gonna find a way to go.

I am among the few who take the time to advocate for trails. I am part of the Pacific Legal Foundation lawsuit, to keep trails Open and legal on the Tahoe NF. While most whine (to late) about closures when it affects ones local riding area. Few get involved to keep the trails OPEN and LEGAL. It only took seven years to take the steps needed to have the option to go to court.

Helping riders at the local riding area get better so they can join you on the next great adventure makes since to me. Which I do, I have taught more than a 1000 riders. Many have experianced trips of a lifetime, with me. Or planned ones own trip(s).

Some may be OK with guiding riders that have time restrictions to be back at camp. I think proposing smaller groups was an accomandation to those that may prefer a shorter loop, perhaps less challenging trails...But if you join my group, we will seek out the hardest trails, the most remote trails we can can find. My rides go out early and get back late.

Once again your correct that I do hate seeing OHV access restricted at campgrounds because of the actions of irresponible riders. Your not entitled to ride around the campground all day. Bring a prepared bike and rider and disappear into the trail network.

Your correct, I do have a Elitist attitude. Show up with a unprepared bike and I promise to leave you in the parking lot. I won't start a ride with a liability in the group. Come prepared, or stay home. Having prepared riders, ready to make good decisions, when things go bad is who I choose to ride with. This does not mean that they have to be exceptional riders. If you have watched any of my videos, one would know that I ride with a wide range of riders.

My criteria is that they know ones ability and ride within that ability. Come prepared, bike and body. Having some jerk in the group that wants to prove himself is a liability. Now the group is responsible for that injured rider or broken bike.

Being the elitist that I am, I have many contacts with other elitist volunteer advocates around the country. Guess what, elitist volunteers and trail advocates share the good stuff with fellow elitist. It always entertains me how those who do nothing to keep trails/areas open and legal are so quick to jump those that try to impart wisdom and experiance. Lets see the entitled crowd wants someone else to build and maintain trails. Someone else to attend the meetings and develop the relationships with land managers to keep areas open. Of course they are the first to engage in a internet bitch session when closures impact the area they frequent.

I travel to GO RIDE the Good Stuff! Screw the social event...

"Ride or Die"

By the way, the guy in the first picture along the cliff. Kevin is a mid pack Enduro "C" rider, I rode with him for a year. He did a lot of trail work, as well. He rode six days and had the ride of his lifetime. He was going to join me again this year, but I had to cancel the trip when my father died following a car accident. He is a good friend and not a world class rider. But a great guy to ride with, prepared, rides within his ability and without asking him, he does the work to keep trails Open. He is a Dirt Bike Addict, are you?

Attachments

• DSC01234.jpg
    DSC01234.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 17
Everyone has their own opinions on topics and what they think riding is about, so to each their own. We don't need to give Dave, the almighty rider, a hard time. Even though his view on this discussion is a fail in our eyes. :smirk:

Being the fastest most hardcore rider isn't what being a dirt bike enthusiast is about. It's about enjoying riding in its most simple form. Which is just riding in itself. Doesn't matter if it's in a straight line on dirt, gravel, asphalt or doing jumps on a track. A true dirt bike addict or enthusiast enjoys riding in all forms because regardless of where you ride, what you ride, who you ride with, or how you ride, a true enthusiast cares about one thing, that's riding. And if you get to ride at a "epic" spot or with the best riders in the worldwell that's just a bonus. Just riding and having a good time is what's important. Everything else is second.

I'd be in if all the stars align. I could probably talk Rolls into going, which would help in the costs, but with 4 days of driving, it would have to be a 2 week vacation for me. So, keep planning, and I'll keep working on the new POS MH, in hopes of meeting, and riding with you all.:thumb:

Look here, I'll be a ride bitch for anyone with a MH from cali if bro don't work out, help with gas food and any of the money it takes. I WILL NOT BE A BUNK PARTNER, I have my limits so don't even ask. :devil:

Wow Dave, kind of pushy I must say...ever thought of being a wedding planner? :smirk: :P :devil:

All jokes aside, I can see what you mean but having a location worth going to, but I'm sorry to say I disagree with multiple points on your post. Nothing wrong with taking a family or a novice rider. We were all there...we have ALL been helped (I personally have ridden and been helped multiple times by multiple riders on this forum as I did not start riding till my early 20's). Like Travace said, it doesn't have to epic hardcore shit.

The BEST trips I have on my bike are not because of the location I'm at...but because of the people I'm surrounded by.

I know you are talking about me! :kissass: oops, wrong one. :hug: HAHAHAHA :smirk: