Pro Dungey Shifting Troubles

I have lots of respect for him even more now. That was epic, and wish he would of won! He is one of my favorite riders officially now!

I know that, but what I'm asking is if he also bent it in the 2nd moto.

That is what they're saying but I dont believe it. I think the first bent lever and the contact that caused it caused internal transmission damage. They arent saying anything about the third moto and if you watch it you can see every time they come back into the stadium from the back dungey gets pulled on down the straight away which tells me there is a bike problem.

Whenever there is a bike malfunction you can't believe what any of the brands tell you. NOT JUST KTM. They all make up some story to protect why the bike failed.

Just like mike brown running out of gas in a national.... COME ON those guys know exactly what those bikes get fuel mileage wise I have a hard time believing he ran out of gas. Plus I heard somewhere that the motor let go and he had to pull off. That is just a rumor but I believe that more than the Running out of gas story that KTM is telling.

Shifters bend, levers break, bikes run out of gas.... Its racing and they know it happens... I know it happens, James knows it happens and Nighthawk knows it happens... back in the day when 80's raced 20 min motos+2 we would run out of gas occasionally... Broome Tioga comes to mind as well as Terrytown, Fl... Deep sand and full throttle to keep going in florida for 20mins plus and Broome is just treacherous uphills... ..

Speaking of which.. James, wanna go to Florida this year?

Just like mike brown running out of gas in a national.... COME ON those guys know exactly what those bikes get fuel mileage wise I have a hard time believing he ran out of gas. Plus I heard somewhere that the motor let go and he had to pull off. That is just a rumor but I believe that more than the Running out of gas story that KTM is telling.
Brownie reported he got lost (being his first National Dez race) and then he had EFI issues, which would lead to him running out of gas pre-maturely.

Shifters bend, levers break, bikes run out of gas.... Its racing and they know it happens... I know it happens, James knows it happens and Nighthawk knows it happens... back in the day when 80's raced 20 min motos+2 we would run out of gas occasionally... Broome Tioga comes to mind as well as Terrytown, Fl... Deep sand and full throttle to keep going in florida for 20mins plus and Broome is just treacherous uphills... ..

You could meet E-biatch!

Brownie reported he got lost (being his first National Dez race) and then he had EFI issues, which would lead to him running out of gas pre-maturely.

No I am talking about when him and curt casselli raced the last couple outdoor nationals. He DNF'd the first moto and said it was due to running out of gas.

James

Staff member
Shifters bend, levers break, bikes run out of gas.... Its racing and they know it happens... I know it happens, James knows it happens and Nighthawk knows it happens... back in the day when 80's raced 20 min motos+2 we would run out of gas occasionally... Broome Tioga comes to mind as well as Terrytown, Fl... Deep sand and full throttle to keep going in florida for 20mins plus and Broome is just treacherous uphills.....
Bikes can and have run out of gas at Nationals, if I remember right there was a rider that ran out with only a few corners to go at Redbud last season. There's a reason that they top off the bikes after their site lap.

Also, not sure how you could be that accurate in gauging fuel mileage at an Outdoor National. This isn't NASCAR, you have a lot more variables. However yes you should be able to at least get a decent guess by measuring gas used in a qualifying session and a little math.
:thinking: What's in Florida?

Bikes can and have run out of gas at Nationals, if I remember right there was a rider that ran out with only a few corners to go at Redbud last season. There's a reason that they top off the bikes after their site lap.

Also, not sure how you could be that accurate in gauging fuel mileage at an Outdoor National. This isn't NASCAR, you have a lot more variables. However yes you should be able to at least get a decent guess by measuring gas used in a qualifying session and a little math.

:thinking: What's in Florida?

No I believe they run out of gas SOMETIMES but it is due to other variables. Like Dungey on the suzuki the fuel was boiling in the tank. And Metcalfe 3 years ago at southwick in the sand ran out of gas with three corners to go I get that. But Mike Browns KTM quit running at like the 20 minute mark and they said it ran out of gas. I know its not NASCAR but you can get a lot closer than 20 minutes of a 30 minute moto.