Pro Dungey Shifting Troubles

James

Staff member
That was just insane. :shocked:

334463_10150252332704955_197189006_o.jpg

So what the heck was going on with his bike? I've only been able to watch the first two motos and he had shifting issues in both. :noidea:

What was impressive was how he was still able to battle up front even with these issues. :ride:

Here is what I found on the internet.
photo.PNG

They are saying he bent his shifter in two motos. I don't believe it. It is just highly unlikely that he bent two shifters in to two straight motos. I think he bent the shift in the first moto and it caused some internal transmission damage. They thought it was just the shifter so they replaced it for the second moto and sent him back out there. Thats when they realized it was something worse. With not enough time between the motos to do a motor swap they compensated with gearing so he could ride the track in one gear. Just my guess.

Here is what I found on the internet.
View attachment 10232

They are saying he bent his shifter in two motos. I don't believe it. It is just highly unlikely that he bent two shifters in to two straight motos. I think he bent the shift in the first moto and it caused some internal transmission damage. They thought it was just the shifter so they replaced it for the second moto and sent him back out there. Thats when they realized it was something worse. With not enough time between the motos to do a motor swap they compensated with gearing so he could ride the track in one gear. Just my guess.
:noidea: That must have been a challenge.

:noidea: That must have been a challenge.

Maybe not one gear but I think he had 2nd and third gear. He mentioned something about staying in second for the first moto. He was not his normal self in the third which is how I came to my conclusion. He did really well for the circumstances he was dealt. Anybody else probably would have pulled off.

He hit a tuff block in both motos and bent the shifter:prof:

OK if you believe that. He hasn't hit a tuff block in his whole career you think he hit on in back to back motos. KTM will never say they had a bike failure so a bent shift lever is the best they could come up with.

OK if you believe that. He hasn't hit a tuff block in his whole career you think he hit on in back to back motos. KTM will never say they had a bike failure so a bent shift lever is the best they could come up with.

:shocked: Someones being a Negative Nancy....... :naughty:

"Dungey was slowed early in the race when he clipped a Tuff Block, bending his shift lever, forcing him to change gears with his hand, which he somehow managed to do over some of the track's big jumps and a few times on the ground."

"Barcia went on to win the second moto, while Dungey took second despite suffering the same problem that he had in the first moto. While dicing with another rider, a Tuff Block rolled onto the track and he hit it with his shift lever, again bending it back to where he had to manipulate the lever with his hand."

:noidea:

"Dungey was early in the race when he clipped a Tuff Block, bending his shift lever, forcing him to change gears with his hand, which he somehow managed to do over some of the track's big jumps and a few times on the ground."

"Barcia went on to win the second moto, while Dungey took second despite suffering the same problem that he had in the first moto. While dicing with another rider, a Tuff Block rolled onto the track and he hit it with his shift lever, again bending it back to where he had to manipulate the lever with his hand."

:thumb::thumb: You believe that stuff? I don't buy it for one minute.

James

Staff member
"Dungey was slowed early in the race when he clipped a Tuff Block, bending his shift lever, forcing him to change gears with his hand, which he somehow managed to do over some of the track's big jumps and a few times on the ground."

Please post your source. :thumb:

James

Staff member
:thumb::thumb: You believe that stuff? I don't buy it for one minute.
One thing I know is that he somehow bent that shift lever, be it via a tuff block or something else. Is that picture you posted from the 1st or 2nd moto? Is there a picture from the other moto as well?

Even if KTM were trying to cover up a tranny issue they aren't going to send him out there with a bent shift lever. :noidea:

One thing I know is that he somehow bent that shift lever, be it via a tuff block or something else. Is that picture you posted from the 1st or 2nd moto? Is there a picture from the other moto as well?

The picture I posted was first moto