Dirt Naps and Soil Samples!

:wow: crazy one Sun.

First time i took my bike out for a ride i was with PBK and we found this rocky windy trail. He was following me and when the trail straightened out for a second i figured i need to step it up and go fast. So i twisted the throttle and everything was going fine till i hit some rock that bucked me completely off the bike. only thing still on the bike was my two hands holding on to the grip and throttle. I stayed on but at this point im whiskey throttle and way off balance almost going off the trail. my back end was completely sideways like i thought i was drifting a car or something and in my head i knew if i just pinned it i would be ok. Which is exactly what i did. Pinned it and the back tire straightened out. Came to the end of the straight away and i had to just chill and let that rush wear off fora second. So i tell PBK ok you lead now. He takes off like a bat out of hell and im thinking ... RESPECT this machine and go ahead and let PBK go. So i do. next corner i come around i see PBK laying in a wash of a bunch of pointy rocks :lol: PBK knows how to find the pointy rocks i guess.

no pics but the point of me telling that is i learned how to do that calm down and repeat the im alive im alive part you speak of on my first ride with my bike :lol:

First time i took my bike out for a ride i was with PBK and we found this rocky windy trail. He was following me and when the trail straightened out for a second i figured i need to step it up and go fast. So i twisted the throttle and everything was going fine till i hit some rock that bucked me completely off the bike. only thing still on the bike was my two hands holding on to the grip and throttle. I stayed on but at this point im whiskey throttle and way off balance almost going off the trail. my back end was completely sideways like i thought i was drifting a car or something and in my head i knew if i just pinned it i would be ok. Which is exactly what i did. Pinned it and the back tire straightened out. Came to the end of the straight away and i had to just chill and let that rush wear off fora second. So i tell PBK ok you lead now. He takes off like a bat out of hell and im thinking ... RESPECT this machine and go ahead and let PBK go. So i do. next corner i come around i see PBK laying in a wash of a bunch of pointy rocks :lol: PBK knows how to find the pointy rocks i guess.

no pics but the point of me telling that is i learned how to do that calm down and repeat the im alive im alive part you speak of on my first ride with my bike :lol:

:smirk: Classic moments we can laugh at NOW! :thumb:

Back in the late 70's early 80s a bunch of us were riding in the badlands of Sunnymead (now Moreno Valley)...along side the entrance road (illegal even back then) was a 4 ft dp x 6 ft wide rut that ran the entire length of the road with trails crossing it. From one side at a distance you couldn't see the rut only the trail continuing on the otherside. Some had signs (rocks, logs) marking it except for one...the main one, the one we used. We went on our last ride of the day...on our way back we we also riding into the sun, the guy in front was ridng his dads "old" Greeves with the springer front end...heavy as hell...I was towards the back when I realized we were close to the trucks and knew we'd be close to "the rut". The guys in front of me were slowing down, I was thinking to turn up alongside the rut but it was to stop and check on our buddy riding his dads Greeves...he didn't see the rut and went over it (almost...no, not even close)...he hit the opposite side with the front end. He went over the bars, head over heels twice and landed on his ass and slid about 20 feet, unhurt :shocked:....as for the bike (HIS DADS BIKE) the hoop part of the springer was smashed up into the frame and head...needless to say it wasn't rideable. We piggy-backed it back up to the trucks...as for the walk around saying I'm alive....he was saying...I am so dead, I am so dead!!! True story.......

Me and pointy rocks are like this
2hcgj15.jpg

Back in the late 70's early 80s a bunch of us were riding in the badlands of Sunnymead (now Moreno Valley)...along side the entrance road (illegal even back then) was a 4 ft dp x 6 ft wide rut that ran the entire length of the road with trails crossing it. From one side at a distance you couldn't see the rut only the trail continuing on the otherside. Some had signs (rocks, logs) marking it except for one...the main one, the one we used. We went on our last ride of the day...on our way back we we also riding into the sun, the guy in front was ridng his dads "old" Greeves with the springer front end...heavy as hell...I was towards the back when I realized we were close to the trucks and knew we'd be close to "the rut". The guys in front of me were slowing down, I was thinking to turn up alongside the rut but it was to stop and check on our buddy riding his dads Greeves...he didn't see the rut and went over it (almost...no, not even close)...he hit the opposite side with the front end. He went over the bars, head over heels twice and landed on his ass and slid about 20 feet, unhurt :shocked:....as for the bike (HIS DADS BIKE) the hoop part of the springer was smashed up into the frame and head...needless to say it wasn't rideable. We piggy-backed it back up to the trucks...as for the walk around saying I'm alive....he was saying...I am so dead, I am so dead!!! True story.......

Me and pointy rocks are like this
2hcgj15.jpg

:lol: Some good stories here! I like those crossed fingers!

Got a couple here for ya!

Flat Fire Road - DUH!!!! :lol:

DSCF2555.jpg

Same guy - Small Log :P

DSCF2559.jpg

And the final result:

DSCF2561.jpg

Differnt guy - Small Hill

DSCF3201.jpg

Neversurfaced!!

ChadNap1.jpg

Me resting . . .

DSCF3200.jpg

After riding down this!! (4 Aces Royal Flush Downhill)

DSCF3191.jpg

DSCF2555.jpg

DSCF2559.jpg

And the final result:

DSCF2561.jpg

DSCF3201.jpg

Neversurfaced!!

ChadNap1.jpg

Me resting . . .

DSCF3200.jpg

DSCF3191.jpg

Nice additions Valkrider!! :thumb: Roost to you :ride:

[IMGhttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/valkrider15/Motorcycle%20Rides/Dual%20Dogs/DSCF2555.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/valkrider15/Motorcycle%20Rides/Dual%20Dogs/DSCF2559.jpg[/IMG]

And the final result:

[IMGhttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/valkrider15/Motorcycle%20Rides/Dual%20Dogs/DSCF2561.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/valkrider15/Spangler%20Thanksgiving%2009/DSCF3201.jpg[/IMG]

Neversurfaced!!

[IMGhttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/valkrider15/Cal%20City%20New%20Years/ChadNap1.jpg[/IMG]

Me resting . . .

[IMGhttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/valkrider15/Spangler%20Thanksgiving%2009/DSCF3200.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk199/valkrider15/Spangler%20Thanksgiving%2009/DSCF3191.jpg[/IMG]

cool post :thumb: thanks for showing us all those dirt naps

Valk...nice nap pics:clap: I need to get another cheapie camera and an easy access case and attach it to my gear or bike so I can take more on the fly pics FAST. One must be ready to snap the nap! And quickly haha!

Valk...nice nap pics:clap: I need to get another cheapie camera and an easy access case and attach it to my gear or bike so I can take more on the fly pics FAST. One must be ready to snap the nap! And quickly haha!

i have a camera case zip tied to my chest protector :thumb:

i jsut might have to get this.
683_large_Chesty-02.jpg

cause the gopro takes some pretty good pics as well. That would allow me fast access to mode switching and i wouldn't have to take off the helmet :prof:

i jsut might have to get this.
683_large_Chesty-02.jpg

cause the gopro takes some pretty good pics as well. That would allow me fast access to mode switching and i wouldn't have to take off the helmet :prof:

Sweet..........................:thumb:...watch out for roost'ers...:shocked:

Sweet..........................:thumb:...watch out for roost'ers...:shocked:

no worse then my fender view ... that was only at the track tho.. some mud ... in teh dez it could be :naughty:. The good thing tho is those cases are only 40 bucks if i did break it. :rocker: