Coolant Leaking from Water Pump?

I don't think you quite understand what's going on. I can adjust the valves and rotate the crank but the next 'TDC location' on the flywheel(where rockers are loose and I can adjust my valves at) is not actually TDC.
So basically what im trying to say is, the point where I turn flywheel and it goes around and re sets ITSELF at TDC where it let's me adjust my valves at, isn't actually TDC because the piston is already a quarter of the way down.
Im getting very very frustrated.

Last edited:
i think it is only letting me adjust them on the power stroke. if so, how do i fix it so that it will let me adjust them on the correct compression stroke.

How do I reset it so that my valves are closed on TDC compression stroke.
Gotta take the head or timing chain back apart and what else?

Well I just tried it with the spark plug in and when the flywheel gets to the TDC piston on the flywheel mark, im now able to adjust my valves...but only when the spark plug is in. I had someone turn the flywheel while I was watching the piston.
When the intake valves open the piston is on its way down, then the flywheel springs back around about 40 degrees itself to a certain position(where the valves are closed but piston is slightly off TDC(unless I go 40 degrees back the other way to TDC where the valves stay open) , then from there(tdc) the piston starts going down and the flywheel turn without resistance(power stroke) and from there once there is resistance, the exhaust valves open as piston is on its way down again.
Then the flywheel resets itself to the TDC position but I can't adjust the valves until I move the flywheel to the power stroke then back the other way to the correct TDC position.
That's what doesn't make sense. I can turn the flywheel from the start of the power stroke back the other way to TDC and be able to adjust my valves but when i turn the flywheel just 1 way(forwards), I can't.

Last edited:
Here are some photos of it lined up.
As you can see, piston is exactly TDC verified with a straw, crank lock bolt and the correct position on the crank with the local bolt and the 2 cam timing marks highlighted in the red circles. Im not sure how else I can time it up but based on all that, it's timed properly, correct?

uploadfromtaptalk1394360160313.jpguploadfromtaptalk1394360180434.jpguploadfromtaptalk1394360266972.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394360095109.jpg

this might explain a lot. this is from the manual. is ignition stroke the same as power stroke?
"IF THE PISTON IS NOT IN THE IGNITION TDC POSITION THE VALVES WILL BE ACTUATED BY THE ROCKER ARMS AND IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THE VALVE CLEARANCE CORRECTLY. IN THIS CASE THE ENGINE MUST BE TURNED ONE REVOLUTION FURTHER AND BLOCKED AGAIN."

not sure why or how that works, but that is exactly the only time im able to do my valve clearances(on the ignition stroke)...which i assume is the same as power stroke