Cool vehicles and drivable machine's!

I thought about it some more. My brand new Chevy truck does so many goofy glitchy things that drive me nuts. Back up camera goes in and out. Window goes halfway up and comes back down on its own intermittently. Transmission occasionally slips and grabs. Brake pad wear sensor failure notice on my lcd screen. Seat belt tensioner recall. Often gives a warning telling me to look in my back seat so I dont forget my children, and that using the touchscreen system is dangerous during vehicle operation and to focus my attention on driving. These are
the last things I want in my recreation ride. Fuck you computer, I’m going old school.

Dd0sFSn.jpg
Sweet...:drool: I had a 66 years ago.

I love this car! I was looking for a new gt, and saw this sweet baby and decided what’s the harm in just going to check it out, Ive got nothing else to do. California car, super straight body, 6900 mi on a crate 4bl 289, new trans, rear end and a driveshaft clean as a fork cartridge. Everything works, from the map lights in the ceiling right down to the blinkers in the hood. Just the right amount of petina on the gauges and interior trim, tracks straight as an arrow and smooth as glass at 75 on the freeway. I’m ecstatic. It’s six months older than I am, and in better shape lol.

I thought about it some more. My brand new Chevy truck does so many goofy glitchy things that drive me nuts. Back up camera goes in and out. Window goes halfway up and comes back down on its own intermittently. Transmission occasionally slips and grabs. Brake pad wear sensor failure notice on my lcd screen. Seat belt tensioner recall. Often gives a warning telling me to look in my back seat so I dont forget my children, and that using the touchscreen system is dangerous during vehicle operation and to focus my attention on driving. These are
the last things I want in my recreation ride. Fuck you computer, I’m going old school.

Dd0sFSn.jpg
Like I said, fake and chevy.

We all have our preferences and preferred brands, usually based off of real life experiences.
Mine have me not liking gm and liking ford, but I'm full aware of some of fords flops
3v 5.4l tritons
the dual clutch in the fiestas
the 6.0/6.4 that resulted in ford being asked about the future of the powerstroke and them responding deadass in the press confrence, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, thus the 6.7 was born

All that said, It seems like I see more dumb shit going on with newer gm and dodge than I do fords, when I tow a ford, its usually an old work horse thats spun that odo around a few times (think 500k+ on gassers)

The biggest case of fordtardism I've experienced lately was my ecoboost had some coolant leaks, one of the coolant lines to the turbo and the heater core hoses.
Those heater core hoses are pre moulded, dealer only item, they cost $150 a piece, and the connectors? well ford calls them extensions, you need 4 of em and they cost $35 a piece

Last edited:
Like I said, fake and chevy.

We all have our preferences and preferred brands, usually based off of real life experiences.
Mine have me not liking gm and liking ford, but I'm full aware of some of fords flops
3v 5.4l tritons
the dual clutch in the fiestas
the 6.0/6.4 that resulted in ford being asked about the future of the powerstroke and them responding deadass in the press confrence, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself, thus the 6.7 was born

All that said, It seems like I see more dumb shit going on with newer gm and dodge than I do fords, when I tow a ford, its usually an old work horse thats spun that odo around a few times (think 500k+ on gassers)

The biggest case of fordtardism I've experienced lately was my ecoboost had some coolant leaks, one of the coolant lines to the turbo and the heater core hoses.
Those heater core hoses are pre moulded, dealer only item, they cost $150 a piece, and the connectors? well ford calls them extensions, you need 4 of em and they cost $35 a piece

Did love my 6.0.
my little ecoboost is ok but feel that the truck itself is lacking capacity.

Did love my 6.0.
my little ecoboost is ok but feel that the truck itself is lacking capacity.
I knew you'd chime in about 6.0's, they were good engines when they were running right, and they could be built to be as reliable as anything.
But the sad reality is that Ford fucked up on em, not quite as bad as the inbred I hate ford because papa always drove a chevy fuck boys, but pretty bad.
I drive the same truck (virutally) and haven't really used it to tow, but I know when I went from my v10 (I never should have gotten rid of it) to my 5.0 f150, I thought the same thing, but one is a work truck built to pull heavier loads than the other, so its to be expected. But I mean, 7,500 lbs towing capacity from a 1/2 ton (its more now since our trucks are 6+ years old) there were 3/4 and 1 ton's back in the day that couldn't do it, and I was deff impressed with how well my 5.0 pulled my 5k lb bronco on a 2200 lb car hauler. that was a lot to ask of a relatively small engine