Choices for first time

Sooooo. I rode on Saturday and did decently. However my knee has been achy since then. Looks like I'm going to have to get a brace. Any suggestions? I went to an orthopedic and he was a jerk. I don't want to spend a crap ton of money just because it's a name brand

I think Ossa recommended the Walgreens knee brace.

i have the walgreens kind. Actually a couple different brands but they aren't giving me the support I need. I'm sad about that... Damn no cartilage... I have hinged, just stabilizing w plastic on the sides, sleeve and strap

i have the walgreens kind. Actually a couple different brands but they aren't giving me the support I need. I'm sad about that... Damn no cartilage

First you want to take gloucosamine tablets that will start the process of getting better. Asterisk is supposed to be the best out there. Google MX knee braces. There's a ton of them out there.

you may also look there for protective gear for your small rider. the prices are generally pretty attractive and they do design things that work and are easier to move in than the people who design gear for us do in lots of cases. If you have something like "play it again sports" outlets near you, they are a good place to start as they have used equipment that was outgrown with little use.

you may also look there for protective gear for your small rider. the prices are generally pretty attractive and they do design things that work and are easier to move in than the people who design gear for us do in lots of cases. If you have something like "play it again sports" outlets near you, they are a good place to start as they have used equipment that was outgrown with little use.
Yup +1 on the protect the kids first! Wulfsport body armour helmet jeans and wrist guards are order of the day for any Sunday morning I can get out with the kid!

I have for the little man the following: Thor chest protector, Leatt neck brace, new Fox helmt (was on a huge sale) and he's borrowing a pair of boots until xmas. I'm probably going to get him shoulder, elbow and knee pads for xmas also, if he's still interested. He has a full jersey and pants so he's pretty good to go with the level he is riding, which is not much yet lol.

So wrist guards? I haven't even thought of that.
Yup +1 on the protect the kids first! Wulfsport body armour helmet jeans and wrist guards are order of the day for any Sunday morning I can get out with the kid!

I have for the little man the following: Thor chest protector, Leatt neck brace, new Fox helmt (was on a huge sale) and he's borrowing a pair of boots until xmas. I'm probably going to get him shoulder, elbow and knee pads for xmas also, if he's still interested. He has a full jersey and pants so he's pretty good to go with the level he is riding, which is not much yet lol.

So wrist guards? I haven't even thought of that.
The wristguards are snowboarding accessories!

It was bound to happen. I had my first decent wreck. I'm battered and bruised, pulled a couple muscles and my ego is crushed :cry: I was going up hill on the big track (first time on it), hit loose dirt that was to my knees and went down hard. Took me forever to get the bike back up so i was getting roosted and passed like crazy. Then i couldn't even get the bike started. Once I finally did, I popped it and hit an incline with a tree on it... i went back down and couldn't get the bike up and gave up. Some guy finally came and helped me after I started waving my hands and sat on the side of the bike lol.
Broke my lever, set the forks out of line and a few small things here and there. My ego is the worst part! So I'm at work with a wrist brace and sling for now. trying to not move my shoulder, might go back to the dr... *sigh*

I better heal up quick so I can get back out there!!! :banana:ouch.jpg

On the other pic, I asked Floyd what you should do and without his glasses he suggested to keep the top of the smoker closed, pecan chips and about twelve hours basting with equal parts cider, water, and rice vinegar.