Chevy guys vs dodge guys vs ford guys

Im in the market for a new truck. Lookin at a 15k budget, 4x4, lifted or not, doesnt matter..... Im a chevy guy, but Im interested in the dodge rams. What is your experience?

Nissan, toyota import stuff is NOT an option. Too expensive and I like to drive merican.

I don't like dodges, too many off the wall problems and well, i don't like chevy because they took all that bail out money, and i'm back and forth on ford depending on my mood

Grew up in a Ford family, so I mostly owned Fords, I have had one Nissan but it wouldn't haul the stuff I needed to haul. I don't want to slam or piss anyone one off but I only can say if you go Dodge go with a stick shift. Way too many trans problems out the automatics. I personally know of a few people that have owned them and had tons of trouble out them. One guy with a stick never had any issues. Chevy/GMC can't comment on the durability but don't like the looks. I don't like the fords diesel 6.0 but I do like the 7.3L. I can say that I have had two 7.3's and own one now and they have been very, very, very oh did I say VERY.... solid engines. My 97 7.3 had 199k when I sold it still ran great and my 99 7.3 has 163k on it and has never missed a beat:thumb:

i was a chevy guy and had my chevy for 14 years. it did me good but that was a late 90's model. id stay away from teh dodges i hear they are having to many issues right now. For me it really was a toss up between ford and chevy ... i went with ford becauxse 1. i like the interiors better on fords over chevy and 2. ford did not take a hand out and that says a lot to me.

Im in the market for a new truck. Lookin at a 15k budget, 4x4, lifted or not, doesnt matter..... Im a chevy guy, but Im interested in the dodge rams. What is your experience?

Nissan, toyota import stuff is NOT an option. Too expensive and I like to drive merican.

I drive what ever suits my purposes...I've had many fords...seems like 1 of everything...150, 250, 350 gasser and diesels. I had a 2500 HD Dodge Hemi, wasn't too impressed when pulling my TH...unhooked it hauled azzzzz. All of these were 4x2's...the truck I curently have is a Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 CC 6.0. I love it. A buddy of mine has the ext cab 4x4, has had it for many years and loves it. It's the most comfortable of all I've had, rides the best. I'm the same when it comes to Merican by god!

Ford or Toyota. Like it or not "merican" brands make less in the U.S. then "imports" do. Also Ford wasn't a little bitch and looked ahead financially and didn't take the bail out money.

Ford or Toyota. Like it or not "merican" brands make less in the U.S. then "imports" do. Also Ford wasn't a little bitch and looked ahead financially and didn't take the bail out money.
i get so sick of hearing this... its still an american company that that is what counts. Nothing is 100% homegrown

I have two fords,two Chevy's and one dodge. I have no favorites.
2008 ford diesel(wifes) f-450
1994 f-250 gasser(work) 115,000 miles. Had too replace transmission this summer
1987 blazer(boys) about 90,000 had to replace transmission this summer
2000 Dodge diesel(play) 125,000 miles need to replace transmission
2002 Chevy 1500 pu(work) 223,000 had to replace the fuel pump around 80,000 Transmission seem to still be good
It mostly comes down to how you care for them

honestly if you are looking at a ford diesel you can/should be able to get a 2002/03 for that but if it is an 03 there are ones to look out for. 03 is the last year for the 7.3L and they switched over half way through that year and started putting the 6.0L in them. Stay away from the 6.0 as this was the first year for the 6.0 and as with anything it took a few years to work out all the kinks. Unless you find a 6.0 that has already had the HPOT changed and the headbolts replaced with ARP head studs stay away. it is very exspensive to fix that. about 05 they started fixing the issue at the factory so they are good 05 and on. IMO.. got nothing to say about the chevy hear they are all good just not the same power as ford. But again that is just hear say. others will say the other way around.