Chevy guys vs dodge guys vs ford guys

James

Staff member
I've only owned one pickup and it's my current 04 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4, so far I've been very pleased with it. :thumb:

A lot of people knock on Ford but the truth is that since there's a lot of them out there the parts and cost to fix is fairly cheap If it's needed, mine has been very dependable these past 6 months that I've owned it. Not sure if it matters to you but like others have said Ford didn't take a handout, which should tell you about its future.

BTW if you do go with Ford, get a 04 or newer as 04 is when the F150 got a face lift.

honestly if you are looking at a ford diesel you can/should be able to get a 2002/03 for that but if it is an 03 there are ones to look out for. 03 is the last year for the 7.3L and they switched over half way through that year and started putting the 6.0L in them. Stay away from the 6.0 as this was the first year for the 6.0 and as with anything it took a few years to work out all the kinks. Unless you find a 6.0 that has already had the HPOT changed and the headbolts replaced with ARP head studs stay away. it is very exspensive to fix that. about 05 they started fixing the issue at the factory so they are good 05 and on. IMO.. got nothing to say about the chevy hear they are all good just not the same power as ford. But again that is just hear say. others will say the other way around.

You are dead nuts on the problems....there is a big difference from what I'm told between the 7.3 and 6.0 regarding power. I had a 7.3 which was a mule of a truck...not fast which diesels weren't meant to be but could pull. As for the Chevy diesel...heard they had problems from the start but have since worked them out as well.

You are dead nuts on the problems....there is a big difference from what I'm told between the 7.3 and 6.0 regarding power. I had a 7.3 which was a mule of a truck...not fast which diesels weren't meant to be but could pull. As for the Chevy diesel...heard they had problems from the start but have since worked them out as well.

my 99 1/2 7.3L truck has the the bigger injectors than of the eariler years and yeah 6.0L has more power than the stock 7.3L but I have a 4'' exhaust turbo back, cat delete, muffler delete and 80HP chip. MY buddy's 03 6.0L doesn't stand a chance against me. :smirk: I get the black coal a rollin when I hammer down.

i get so sick of hearing this... its still an american company that that is what counts. Nothing is 100% homegrown

:naughty: You are wrong, my son does 100% home grown. :P
It is true though, american cars/truck are not american cars/trucks anymore. It's the plain truth! Sorry. I buy Toyota because they have NEVER let me down. I have a mechanic also, that is a plus. No worry to get ripped off at the steeler ship. :prof:

i get so sick of hearing this... its still an american company that that is what counts. Nothing is 100% homegrown
A American company that has outsourced everything to Mexico and given away a lot of American jobs. You are correct though they are based out of America which means the big wigs here are still getting rich.

Chevy: 2003 - 2006

Ford : 2002- 2004

Mainly lookin at chevy and ford atm.
I had a 02 Chevy before my Nissan. It was a pretty good truck with the exception of the interior. It started falling apart right about 50,000 miles. The head liner made all kinds of noise along with the rear doors (extended cab).

:naughty: You are wrong, my son does 100% home grown. :P
It is true though, american cars/truck are not american cars/trucks anymore. It's the plain truth! Sorry. I buy Toyota because they have NEVER let me down. I have a mechanic also, that is a plus. No worry to get ripped off at the steeler ship. :prof:

Doooon't even get me started with the "stealership shizzle"...no body twisted your arm tobuy it did they? And Toyotas are made Kentucky...SO IN essense you ARE buying merican by god! :prof:

I've only owned one pickup and it's my current 04 F150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4, so far I've been very pleased with it. :thumb:

A lot of people knock on Ford but the truth is that since there's a lot of them out there the parts and cost to fix is fairly cheap If it's needed, mine has been very dependable these past 6 months that I've owned it. Not sure if it matters to you but like others have said Ford didn't take a handout, which should tell you about its future.

BTW if you do go with Ford, get a 04 or newer as 04 is when the F150 got a face lift.

you have any issue with a ticking noise in the engine at idle ? i read some ford forums and i guess a bunch of people with 04's and 05's had the issue.

A American company that has outsourced everything to Mexico and given away a lot of American jobs. You are correct though they are based out of America which means the big wigs here are still getting rich.
thats simply not true.... its not all outsourced to Mexico. the f150's are fully assembled here in the USA. Some are outsourced to Mexico tho... like the focus. there was a web site that shows you all this but i cant find it ATM

James

Staff member
you have any issue with a ticking noise in the engine at idle ? i read some ford forums and i guess a bunch of people with 04's and 05's had the issue.
Yeah but only for a little while, I think it goes away after it's warmed up. :noidea: Or I just get used to it. :smirk:

thats simply not true.... its not all outsourced to Mexico. the f150's are fully assembled here in the USA. Some are outsourced to Mexico tho... like the focus. there was a web site that shows you all this but i cant find it ATM
Even if they are assembled in the states the parts are manufactured in Mexico. I found Made in Mexico shit all over my Chevy.