Pro Chad Reed 2014

He just posted a photo of Goose (his mechanic) working on what is pretty obvious to be a Kawi. :thumb:

I thought Goose was a manager and Lars was his mechanic?
But at any rate, it shouldn't be any big secret that he will be on a kawi in 2014, the rumor as to why? Chad and Mitch Payton are buddy buddy, when he started 22 Motorsports Mitch was one of the biggest supporters and always has been, PC wants a 450 team under the same roof, but Mitch wants to stick to what he does best (250F) and thats where Reed's new Kawi falls into place :thumb:

James

Staff member
I thought Goose was a manager and Lars was his mechanic?

According to Dirt Rider.

"Chad Reed surrounds himself with good people and he spares no expense when it comes to getting the best mechanics. Besides his chassis mechanic, Lars Lindstrom, Chad also brought in award winning mechanic Mike “Goose” Gosselaar to the team this year, along with Oscar Wirdeman from the L&M team."

According to Dirt Rider.

"Chad Reed surrounds himself with good people and he spares no expense when it comes to getting the best mechanics. Besides his chassis mechanic, Lars Lindstrom, Chad also brought in award winning mechanic Mike “Goose” Gosselaar to the team this year, along with Oscar Wirdeman from the L&M team."

So much for being washed up and done :smirk: it is an interesting question, at what age will he quit being a threat for podiums? this dude doesn't seem to give a single fuck about the fact that he's racing kids that were on 85's and possibly had him as a moto hero when they were little :lol:

James

Staff member
So much for being washed up and done :smirk: it is an interesting question, at what age will he quit being a threat for podiums? this dude doesn't seem to give a single fuck about the fact that he's racing kids that were on 85's and possibly had him as a moto hero when they were little :lol:

Go look at KDub, he raced against kids that weren't even born yet when he started racing professionally. :lol:

Well, I don't believe he is getting factory support so I guess it's no big deal. From what I heard he has to pay Mitch for his motors and the work on them. :devil: In order to get them for free he would have to run a PC pipe as well. The whole "package".

Well, I don't believe he is getting factory support so I guess it's no big deal. From what I heard he has to pay Mitch for his motors and the work on them. :devil: In order to get them for free he would have to run a PC pipe as well. The whole "package".
he does run PC pipes?
Honda+Chad+Reed+Supercross+2013.jpg

Well, from what I heard is that he will have to buy the motors from PC (Mitch). No free ride from them. I'm sure it's not at full retail, but heavily discounted :smirk:

The pipe in the video looks to be bigger than the one on his Honda, could be the plastic setup. End cap looks to be similar.