4 Stroke CDA Racing Acquires A New Scooter!

Thats pretty bad ass CDA. Or as Nedge would put it PURE BADASSERY! Im not a 4T guy but if my wife would let me afford a new machine Id probably go Gold Fish by way of the 300XC. Or maybe even go full retard and get the 450SX.
The 300xc smoker is a nice bike, but I am liking the 300 berg instead. Though they they are the same bikes, the berg has different suspension and the motor is better for off-road. The KTM is more track, but you can ride the Berg on the track as well. The 300 Berg is on my Wish List...
Still have the modded TTR?
Yes, I still have the TTR as it is my plated bike for my DS Runs...

The Berg is basically the xc-w with the xc ignition mapping, and dual chamber forks, making it the meanest combo in my opinion.
That is correct. I rode a KTM300 XC last year and 250 Berg this year. I want to Ride the 300 and 250 back to back to see the difference.

That is correct. I rode a KTM300 XC last year and 250 Berg this year. I want to Ride the 300 and 250 back to back to see the difference.
I rode the 2011 300xc last week. It was not setup for me though, as the bars were too high and I felt odly cramped. Id really like to get to a demo day and try out the 250f, 350f, 150, and 250

So since it was my Mgr's B-day the day it shows up and I had plans with her the next day, there was no way I was going to get up there and pick it up...I was feeling a little sick for maybe a Tuesday run, but I had meeting to attend to that morning.

So, Wilson's driver - Dave was heading to Fontana to pick up a couple scooters from Burr, so Wilson's made the arrangements to meet in between to make the drop...

I called Dave and said, I could meet him where the 210 & 405 meet in Sylmar at a shady Denny's parking lot....So Dave called me on Tuesday and said he would be there around 2pm.....:hyper:

Off I went to meet up.

Here she is loaded in the back of the box van with a couple buddies...
View attachment 13882

Dave unloading her from the truck...
View attachment 13883
:drool:

Loaded up in the CDA transporter....
View attachment 13884

View attachment 13885

View attachment 13881

I signed my paperwork, signed back over the check for my 450 that sold and handed Dave a bag of pennies for the balance...

We shook hands, he jump on the fwy heading north, I jumped on the fwy heading south.

Next up...unloading her at home...

Pfffft, I would have taken the bike in the middle:smirk:

ps - damn, that is a sweet lookin' bike:banana:

The bike comes with Hole Shot device and since I am a dez guy and not going to be racing on a track, I did not have them install it. I have the parts for the future if needed.

I wanted a carbon fiber skid plate, but there is not one for it yet, so Wilson's threw on an aluminium one for me until the new one comes in.
It is a pretty clean look I might add.
View attachment 13904

Chilling on the stand..
View attachment 13903

The FE model comes with a mapping switch to allow you to change maps while out on the trails. It has 3 positions, standard (which is the one I tested on the std 450), Race(which will give you more snap, though you don't need it) and Soft (which slows the curve down and I feel this will be helpful in the tight/rocky sections. I will need to play around with these to see how it works out.
View attachment 13906

One thing that I noticed when I demo'd the 450 a couple weeks ago, was the front brake line was scratching the front number plate. I noticed on all the XC-W's and EXC's the cable had a rubber boot on it. I made this mention to Gary and Dave out there and they did this little mod to mine. They move the hose in the clamp a little and added a rubber piece to keep the cable away from the plate.
View attachment 13905
Not sure if that is going to work and I might still do my own mod here. Maybe add a rubber sleeve around the cable so it does not scratch up the plate even though it does have a thick clear backing on it with the graphics.

KTM is making 555 of these bikes for the US and 150 for Europe. I have #413 of out 555.
View attachment 13907

Stay tuned for more....
That sumbish MUST have a crap load of horsepower by the number of stickers on it........ :eek:....