4 Stroke CDA Racing Acquires A New Scooter!

So about a little less than a year ago, I was contemplation buying a new scooter.....:thinking: Where to begin? If you don't know me, when it comes time for me to buy a new bike, I research and research and read and research, and get frustrated and research some more. I then will say forget, I like my current steed and shelf the idea.

Well about 9 months ago, I almost pulled the trigger on a new bike, but then some stuff happened at work and I pulled the plug again and waited for the dust to settle.

Well around December, I got the urge to buy again. I researched some more on the 2013 scooters and what it was I was looking for. I discussed this new bike with my Mgr and she told me that I would need to sell some of my others to have it. I :thinking: some more and I pulled the trigger. I called my now good friend Gary at Wilson's Motorsports in Fresno and said "I want one." "What do you need from me and when can I get it?"

He said, I needed to do nothing and he would place the order as he did not have one yet and let me know when it will arrive.

I asked him if he would see a couple of my current scooters for me. He said, "No Problem!"

So with New Year's weekend coming up, I said I would bring that out to the desert and he could take them home with him and put them in his shop.

So, I loaded them up and headed to the desert...

IMG_2484.jpg

Gary could not make the trek as he had other personal stuff to take care of that weekend, but Rack said he would take them home for me and deliver them to the shop.

Here are my scooters loaded up in Rack Jr's truck as he delivered them to Wilson's for me.

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

And the waiting game began...........:whistle:

So as some of you know, I had the opportunity to ride a few select scooters in Feb and most importantly, I was offered a brand new off the showroom floor a 2013 KTM 450sxf to ride for the weekend.

You ask yourself, why would a dealer do that for me and it was his only one that the dealer had.

Well.......On March 8th, I get a text message from Gary @ Wilson's.....
IMG_2988.jpg

:hyper:

I told him to get me pictures of them unwrapping this thing and send the to me......so he did.

Enjoy and :drool:

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

Stay tuned.....

:cry: not the smoker:cry:
Again the smoker is still sitting and has not sold yet....:thinking:

Short story, a person came in to buy the smoker with his Yamaha card, but the smoker was too old and Yamaha would not allow them to use it. So he bought the 450 at full pop and could put it on the card.....

So since it was my Mgr's B-day the day it shows up and I had plans with her the next day, there was no way I was going to get up there and pick it up...I was feeling a little sick for maybe a Tuesday run, but I had meeting to attend to that morning.

So, Wilson's driver - Dave was heading to Fontana to pick up a couple scooters from Burr, so Wilson's made the arrangements to meet in between to make the drop...

I called Dave and said, I could meet him where the 210 & 405 meet in Sylmar at a shady Denny's parking lot....So Dave called me on Tuesday and said he would be there around 2pm.....:hyper:

Off I went to meet up.

Here she is loaded in the back of the box van with a couple buddies...
DSCN0417.JPG

Dave unloading her from the truck...
DSCN0418.JPG
:drool:

Loaded up in the CDA transporter....
DSCN0419.JPG

DSCN0420.JPG

DSCN0421.JPG

I signed my paperwork, signed back over the check for my 450 that sold and handed Dave a bag of pennies for the balance...

We shook hands, he jump on the fwy heading north, I jumped on the fwy heading south.

Next up...unloading her at home...

Before I unload it and place it on the stand, Rack was tired of my Blue and Pink stand that were older then him (and :wow: is he old..:smirk:) so he gifted me a new stand when we were out in the dez last.

That stand is pretty cool, but it was lacking horsepower so before I could put any scooter on this stand, it needed a mod done.

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

:thumb: That's better... Now we can unload and place this new scooter on top....

The bike comes with Hole Shot device and since I am a dez guy and not going to be racing on a track, I did not have them install it. I have the parts for the future if needed.

I wanted a carbon fiber skid plate, but there is not one for it yet, so Wilson's threw on an aluminium one for me until the new one comes in.
It is a pretty clean look I might add.
DSCN0440.JPG

Chilling on the stand..
DSCN0435.JPG

The FE model comes with a mapping switch to allow you to change maps while out on the trails. It has 3 positions, standard (which is the one I tested on the std 450), Race(which will give you more snap, though you don't need it) and Soft (which slows the curve down and I feel this will be helpful in the tight/rocky sections. I will need to play around with these to see how it works out.
DSCN0446.JPG

One thing that I noticed when I demo'd the 450 a couple weeks ago, was the front brake line was scratching the front number plate. I noticed on all the XC-W's and EXC's the cable had a rubber boot on it. I made this mention to Gary and Dave out there and they did this little mod to mine. They move the hose in the clamp a little and added a rubber piece to keep the cable away from the plate.
DSCN0444.JPG
Not sure if that is going to work and I might still do my own mod here. Maybe add a rubber sleeve around the cable so it does not scratch up the plate even though it does have a thick clear backing on it with the graphics.

KTM is making 555 of these bikes for the US and 150 for Europe. I have #413 of out 555.
DSCN0447.JPG

Stay tuned for more....

Once I was done taking pictures, I put her in the Garage and went inside to inspect the briefcase you get with each KTM.

Here are the contents of the bag..
DSCN0448.JPG
DSCN0449.JPG

Whole bunch of stuff, from Owner's manual, Power Parts and Power Wear Catalogs, tools and hole shot parts. Also you will notice the hand guards, I had them leave those off as I am not a fan of the stock guards. They will be replaced. Wilson also added a sheet or so of stickers...:thumb:
DSCN0450.JPG

Here is some added stuff. This bike will need to be ridden for an hour and than have its oil and filter changed. Wilson's added the filter and sent a couple quarts of oil along with the bike so I could do this.
DSCN0451.JPG

I did a quick look through the power wear catalog and added this set of gear to my wish list (Like I need more riding gear..:smirk:)
DSCN0453.JPG

As mentioned, I did not like the standard hand guards that came on the bike, so I added a set of Acerbis X Force guards...
KTM.JPG

If any of you koolaid drinkers are looking for a new set of hand guards, let me know and we can work out a sweet deal.

I fired this thing up and took it for a run around the block and all I can say is I can't wait to get this thing in the dirt. I will say that with the added Akropovic muffler, the sound note on this scooter is sweet! Also go figure, this is a bike made for supercross/motocross and has a full Titanuim muffler, but they added a sparky screen inside and stamped the silencer for US Spark Arrester Approved :thumb: That is so cool, now I do not need to mod a screen for this thing. It also has a baffle to pass the 96db, but you can remove it as well. Probably will not do that.

Anyways, I waited to create this thread as I was having my Flame Suit altered. Now that my Flame Suit fits good and I am wearing it..................Flame Away

PS....I will say that I have ridden Blue for 10 years and loved my bikes. I was ready for a new one and KTM is the only manufacture pumping money into their program and bikes to keep moving the technology forward. I really like what KTM is doing and I must say that their bikes are pretty sweet as well as I have had the privilege to ride a few different models now.

Thats pretty bad ass CDA. Or as Nedge would put it PURE BADASSERY! Im not a 4T guy but if my wife would let me afford a new machine Id probably go Gold Fish by way of the 300XC. Or maybe even go full retard and get the 450SX.