CDA’s Attempted Husky Memorial Ride Report

cool pics... got a link to those mirrors kinda like that option over fold downs

they are Powermadd Star Series Handguard Mirrors witht he spring kit. since i don't have the powermadd guards, i drilled a holes in mine. there not the best mirrors, but keep me legal, and can see out or them.

OK Here are some Pics!

So I got on the road at about 6:15AM and stopped off at the local rob me gas station to top off the truck.
100_3679.jpg
100_3677.jpg

I stopped and picked up a couple buddies, With one that has ridden with me before years ago and a fresh one that had no idea what was in store for him..:devil:
100_3681.jpg
We pulled into this gas station in Cal City so a few could hit the restroom for some suspension tuning.
100_3682.jpg
We got to the Borax parking lot and hit the rangers for permits and unloaded the scooters.
100_3683.jpg
I did a little updating to the scooter the night before.
100_3686.jpg
pencil.png
100_3687.jpg
As my buddies where gearing up for a "warm up" ride, I took a little walk around to see who was here. I gave this Kawi dude a DBA sticker and I guess he thought it would be best to stick it to the bottom of his skid plate..:noidea:
100_3685.jpg

Next up, we take a little "warm up" ride...

So we suit up and have an hour or so to kill and decide to take a little warm up ride. We head out toward Randsberg and into the hills. We took a quick break when we ran upon this little structure.
100_3688.jpg
2SB is the little guy hiding behind the old 2 smoke and TravYZ is behind him.
100_3689.jpg
We dropped down this little hill and came to a stop to check out if we want to keep going down. Here is where we came from.
100_3690.jpg
And this is what we are looking to possible go down.
100_3692.jpg
100_3693.jpg
I turn around to talk to the guys and they already started their decent. Here is TravYZ walking the dog. 2SB is already down the hill.
100_3691.jpg
Here is the start of our decent. I wonder which trail I will take ...:thinking:
100_3695.jpg
Here is the TTR chillin' before I head down. See the bushes behind it, It was a little breezy.
100_3696.jpg
TravYZ gives up the dog walk and rides her on down.
100_3697.jpg

More to come.

I stopped half way down and decided to bust out the camera and take a couple more shots of the hill. I am normally too busy riding to stop and take pictures.

Here is a look up. The rocks on the top are what I was standing on in the last pictures before we I went down.
100_3698.jpg
Here is where we are going. Heading toward that canyon to the right.
100_3699.jpg
Here are the guys taking a break. The hill we came down is in the distance.
100_3701.jpg
Here is another look. We came down the center.
100_3702.jpg
We decide to head up this wash and hook a left and see about getting back to the top to head back to the truck.
100_3703.jpg

We climbed up and over a hill and dropped into another canyon and ran into this group a riders. As i pulled up, one guy says "hey are you that guy that leaves DBA stickers all over the dez". Told him I have no idea who that is..:devil:
One guy on this Kaboom asked me my screen name on DBA and when I told him, he says "hey I'm msgtretired" I said :wave: Sup and then said our goodbyes and headed on down the canyon to meet my 2 guys.

Sorry I did not take any pics of these scooter riding guys. They did have a big group with them and looked to be having a good time.

More to come:

So we suit up and have an hour or so to kill and decide to take a little warm up ride. We head out toward Randsberg and into the hills. We took a quick break when we ran upon this little structure.
View attachment 2092
2SB is the little guy hiding behind the old 2 smoke and TravYZ is behind him.
View attachment 2088
We dropped down this little hill and came to a stop to check out if we want to keep going down. Here is where we came from.
View attachment 2094
And this is what we are looking to possible go down.
View attachment 2095
View attachment 2090
I turn around to talk to the guys and they already started their decent. Here is TravYZ walking the dog. 2SB is already down the hill.
View attachment 2089
Here is the start of our decent. I wonder which trail I will take ...:thinking:
View attachment 2086
Here is the TTR chillin' before I head down. See the bushes behind it, It was a little breezy.
View attachment 2091
TravYZ gives up the dog walk and rides her on down.
View attachment 2087

More to come.

Nice stuff...it's amazing people travel to places like that 1st pic with cans of spray paint....I can't tell you the last time I carried a can with me while outin the desert let alone riding hell, carry it period! :naughty:

We hit a few more attempts of getting up and over the hill and we found another way up. I stopped half way up a section and waited for the group. Here is a look from where we came from. The running up the center of the picture to the left over the hill is our path.
100_3705.jpg
Little view of the dry lake.
100_3706.jpg
2SB showing me his skid plate.
100_3710.jpg
TravYZ making it up.
100_3711.jpg
TTR taking in the Sun!
100_3709.jpg
Where we came from.
100_3704.jpg
Where we are heading.
100_3707.jpg
100_3708.jpg

One we popped up onto of the hill we were way behind on time to get back to the truck, re-fuel and catch the group heading to the Husky monument, so no pictures as we wicked it on back.

I stopped half way down and decided to bust out the camera and take a couple more shots of the hill. I am normally too busy riding to stop and take pictures.

Here is a look up. The rocks on the top are what I was standing on in the last pictures before we I went down.
View attachment 2096
Here is where we are going. Heading toward that canyon to the right.
View attachment 2097
Here are the guys taking a break. The hill we came down is in the distance.
View attachment 2098
Here is another look. We came down the center.
View attachment 2099
We decide to head up this wash and hook a left and see about getting back to the top to head back to the truck.
View attachment 2100

We climbed up and over a hill and dropped into another canyon and ran into this group a riders. As i pulled up, one guy says "hey are you that guy that leaves DBA stickers all over the dez". Told him I have no idea who that is..:devil:
One guy on this Kaboom asked me my screen name on DBA and when I told him, he says "hey I'm msgtretired" I said :wave: Sup and then said our goodbyes and headed on down the canyon to meet my 2 guys.

Sorry I did not take any pics of these scooter riding guys. They did have a big group with them and looked to be having a good time.

More to come:

Kinda make you wander if it is a good idea to have DBA stickers on your bike, what if a ranger ask that same question? I guess you could say you left your bike for a minute and came back and the DBA Bandit tagged you :smirk: