Carbon Fiber Frame?

Clearance rack! :prof:

did someone say "Nice Rack"?

big_boobs.jpg

James

Staff member
I wish pro MX rules didn't dictate that the bikes have to be consumer available. Handmades would be sooo much more interesting to watch. No weight limit? more competition!
Uh no.
Eliminating the production rule would probably be this worst thing that could happen to this sport. Look at how NASCAR is, money wins.
However with a big enough investment the production rule can be "bought". Look at the 2013 450SX-F Fatory Edition that KTM put out. They built (and sold) 400 Dungey Edition bikes to meet the AMA’s homologation rules.

Uh no.
Eliminating the production rule would probably be this worst thing that could happen to this sport. Look at how NASCAR is, money wins.
However with a big enough investment the production rule can be "bought". Look at the 2013 450SX-F Fatory Edition that KTM put out. They built (and sold) 400 Dungey Edition bikes to meet the AMA’s homologation rules.
Then again, nascar isn't nearly enough rider (driver). Perhaps we should run a AMA stock class :thinking:

Uh no.
um

Money wins in sx too:noidea:

That's why people want 2t's back, privateers can't afford all the cool shit and rebuilds that the factory teams can.

Then again, nascar isn't nearly enough rider (driver). Perhaps we should run a AMA stock class :thinking:

asscar sucks no matter what. All anyone watches it for now is crashes and bitch fights between the teams. F1 FTW!

James

Staff member
um

Money wins in sx too:noidea:

That's why people want 2t's back, privateers can't afford all the cool shit and rebuilds that the factory teams can.
Uh that's the argument that I'm trying to make. By eliminating the production rule you're only making it harder for the privateers as they'll be at an even bigger disadvantage.

I would like to say that this is completely false, I know from personal experience that carbon fiber will flex, and that is why carbon fiber road bikes and mountain bikes have come so far, because the companies have found ways to make them flex and absorb impact, it all depends on how it's layered...

That being said, I still wouldn't ride a dirt bike with a CF frame because of the massive stress loads the frames take.
really? I thought it didnt bend at al. I know that carbon fiber that is put on cars wont bend unless its artificial.