South Can I tag along ?

TraV, have you eaten at Hodad's yet? There are a few in SD, there's one close to the coast (don't remember the street, maybe Harbor that was featured on triple D) we ate at the one downtown... specialize in burgers, it was really good... we had the Guido.... :burger: ... :thumb:
ohh yea for sure.
the one in OB is where its at and the old school one. by far the best burger in SoCal. the problem is you will have to wait in line for 30 min minimum and it dont matter what time you go. BUT.... you can order it to go and not wait in the line then walk a block or two to the wall on the beach..eat your burger and watch the surfers. its awesome.

:picard:
My family owned property in the mid 80's and I lived there for a year 1985-86, when the Challanger blew up

1) It is not expensive. unless you are on tour
2) It is not scetchy!
I blended right in like a local and would have moved there for good if I didn't meet my wife when I came back to the mainland back then. (she hates bugs, esp. BIG ONES)
My brother has lived on the islands since 1981 and still does.
i guess its all perspective or area's :noidea: my brother lived near Helio and i had a few friends who lived in various spots and i didnt hear to many good storys.

El-Jeffe has left the building!

And this is a great thread, did you read the whole thing?

Yes, I did:popcorn:

But missed the deleted posts. What IM not sure about is what MM did to offend Jeff aside from his thread being thrown off topic. I mean who wouldnt mention seeing a body on a trail? and how unfortunate. But as an officier of the law, he would be a good person to roll up on such a tragic scene. Did he write inaapropirate things about his find? So sad and unfortunate, and also ironic that this person was a friend of Jeffs. It least that is what I have gathered. Aside of the derail, or should I say double derail, I didnt think things were so bad. There IS a lot of BS and unecessary banter here but, that is how it is here. Conversations and posts evolve. Has Jeff never done this himself? I know have, right or wrong. However, I can see how it would be frustrating when you are posting a thread for a purpose. But then again, look at where you are posting, it's bound to happen:smirk: You just have to take the good with the bad. Jeff would really be bugged if he were a chick on this site. Talk about offensive, sexist crap being written all the time:picard: But, that is just the way it is. And you have to have a sense of humor about things here or you will make yourself crazy trying to preach, teach or change people. Asses are everywhere, and everyone has one.

So yea, I can relate to posting up wanting to ride and nobody is available or my thread gets derailed. Welcome to my world.

Yes, I did:popcorn:

But missed the deleted posts. What IM not sure about is what MM did to offend Jeff aside from his thread being thrown off topic. I mean who wouldnt mention seeing a body on a trail? and how unfortunate. But as an officier of the law, he would be a good person to roll up on such a tragic scene. Did he write inaapropirate things about his find? So sad and unfortunate, and also ironic that this person was a friend of Jeffs. It least that is what I have gathered. Aside of the derail, or should I say double derail, I didnt think things were so bad. There IS a lot of BS and unecessary banter here but, that is how it is here. Conversations and posts evolve. Has Jeff never done this himself? I know have, right or wrong. However, I can see how it would be frustrating when you are posting a thread for a purpose. But then again, look at where you are posting, it's bound to happen:smirk: You just have to take the good with the bad. Jeff would really be bugged if he were a chick on this site. Talk about offensive, sexist crap being written all the time:picard: But, that is just the way it is. And you have to have a sense of humor about things here or you will make yourself crazy trying to preach, teach or change people. Asses are everywhere, and everyone has one.

So yea, I can relate to posting up wanting to ride and nobody is available or my thread gets derailed. Welcome to my world.

I like to think of it as "Thick Skined"

Did you just become part of my family?

Hey, I didn't do anything. My posts weren't off topic...well kinda..:smirk: but aren't all the threads here on DBA? Just to clarify, I wasn't with my bro when he stumbled upon this unfortunate event. I had to work so I couldn't go riding. My bro said he stumbled upon the man and called the rangers. That's it. Everyone wanted more info but my bro didn't want to post any more info since it's inappropriate. (Plus what more info did he have to post? He didn't have any more.) That is it, nothing else. Jeff found out a couple of days later that it was a man he knew/friend and it seems he became upset because he wanted to know sooner. Which anybody would. That's the story Sun. Like we said though, our prayers go out to Jeff, his friend and family.

Hey, I didn't do anything. My posts weren't off topic...well kinda..:smirk: but aren't all the threads here on DBA? Just to clarify, I wasn't with my bro when he stumbled upon this unfortunate event. I had to work so I couldn't go riding. My bro said he stumbled upon the man and called the rangers. That's it. Everyone wanted more info but my bro didn't want to post any more info since it's inappropriate. (Plus what more info did he have to post? He didn't have any more.) That is it, nothing else. Jeff found out a couple of days later that it was a man he knew/friend and it seems he became upset because he wanted to know sooner. Which anybody would. That's the story Sun. Like we said though, our prayers go out to Jeff, his friend and family.

Unfortunate indeed. Obviously he is emotional over it, and naturally so. Oh well, nobody is perfect, and either is life, ever. And sometimes things (threads) dont pan out how we hoped they would. I think you and your brother are more likely to handle these type of things appropriately more then anyone here, with all your training and experience. BTW...I would never want your job but I am thankful you are willing to do it. And as young as you are, you still a lot of learning left through life experience. Which means if we ever ride together, I may have to show you a thing or two:smirk::P

:noidea: I must have missed the whole thing as I know nothing as to what is going on. Last thing I did was post up about me liking 117 degrees at Havasu long ago and now I come back and see all this. What happened?