All Cal Poly DS ride is end of next month

The dinner sounds like a good idea for anybody who get's there saturday. It will be a good add on for the RR. So is anybody else going FOR SURE besides Johnrunner and myself? Palmer? Rez?

Only part that AMA related that I saw was in the release of liability part of it. So I highly doubt you have to be a member. But maybe Palmer can clarify since he's the only one here who has done this ride before.

More importantly....who is doing the Teeter Totter????

Do you need to be a AMA member? It doesn't say but it does say it is an AMA sanction event.

No need!
Only part that AMA related that I saw was in the release of liability part of it. So I highly doubt you have to be a member. But maybe Palmer can clarify since he's the only one here who has done this ride before.

Right! Since the totter is rebuilt, I might do it. When I was there two years ago it was only 18" wide. :eek:

No need!

Right! Since the totter is rebuilt, I might do it. When I was there two years ago it was only 18" wide. :eek:

Single track teeter totter!?! :eek: :smirk: So I'm guessing that means you didn't do it :P

Now that it is a lot wider, I really want to try it. And on my new bike, I feel comfortable enough to try any trail and obstacle as long as it isn't any do or die section or trail (like technical sections with cliff drop offs etc.). But on this teeter totter, if you tip over...we are risking not only possibly having to get a truck to haul your bike back but a possible thousand(s) dollar repair! I wish I could have an old beater bike on stand by at this section so I could walk my bike around it and try it on the old bike :smirk:

:eek:..... :naughty:..... :peep:... you know, it's not the bike falling into the water, it's not ME falling into the water from the very top, it's me falling into the water from the very top when the waters only 1' deep... :foul:..... :cripple:

:eek:..... :naughty:..... :peep:... you know, it's not the bike falling into the water, it's not ME falling into the water from the very top, it's me falling into the water from the very top when the waters only 1' deep... :foul:..... :cripple:
Uh...........nope, that's all I got. Speechless for the 2nd time in my life. :poke: :P :lol: :smirk: :moon: :wave: :ride: :thumb:

Ok, now I am confused. Palmer said you don't need one, are you saying you do?
No, just saying what the flier said. Kind of vague... I'm guessing no, but if you were an AMA member you'd get something mentioned or ??? because they also asked what CLUB you were affiliated with.

As for the teeter totter.... I know I'm not the only poosey here that says HELL no I'm not doing it! :smirk: and if riders think more about "hurting their bikes" over themselves.... well then we've definately got different priorities. :prof:

No, just saying what the flier said. Kind of vague... I'm guessing no, but if you were an AMA member you'd get something mentioned or ??? because they also asked what CLUB you were affiliated with.

As for the teeter totter.... I know I'm not the only poosey here that says HELL no I'm not doing it! :smirk: and if riders think more about "hurting their bikes" over themselves.... well then we've definately got different priorities. :prof:
When it comes down to it, it would be a game day decision. It is funny though, my first thought is all of the potential issues of a water logged bike. :shocked:

You going?

You going?

Would like to, waiting on Palmer... Right now my deal is the drive, the idea of going out Sat afternoon sounds good but then there's the dreaded 250ish mile drive back Sunday night after a full day of riding.... I'm on thin ice as it is since I'm going on the day of my 29th anniversary... I got the nod, with no strings HOWEVER it WAS mentioned that maybe we could do something Saturday night.... AHHHHH SHizzzzzzlits. :eek: