Buying advice.

I don't know gang...I'm beginning to think I'm not suppose to get a bike. I drove 50 miles to get this one and when I got there it wouldn't run. Gas had WAY too much oil in it. Several attested that it would start on second kick a few days earlier but it smoked like a freight train bc of the gas and would eventually foul the plug after a few seconds. So I came home with an empty truck...again.

Sounds like a good day to me. You didn't come of with a pile o shat!

:thumb:

Keep looking.

2000. Lots of extras and aftermarket. Belongs to military mechanic. Top end redone every 20 hrs. Over $1800 in rebuild. Moving and needs to get rid of it.

OK, not being of the mechanic state of mind in this sense... redoing the top-end every 20 hours. Is that actually necessary? I could see it if he rode it hard over the 20 hour period and in that case I might not want it because of that.

Just curious.

OK, not being of the mechanic state of mind in this sense... redoing the top-end every 20 hours. Is that actually necessary? I could see it if he rode it hard over the 20 hour period and in that case I might not want it because of that.

Just curious.
Doesn't matter. That bike is gone.
I fell in love with that bike at first site. Bike belonged to seller's son who is military mechanic and deployed. Seller was moving and had no place to keep bike. Let "friend" store it for him and "friend" took advantage and rode bike until gas ran out. Inexperienced "friend" mixed fuel incorrectly and filled the tank. When I went to see bike it would not run. It would start and it white smoked like a freight train, sputter for about 10 seconds then die. Plug would be fouled at that point. I WASN'T WILLING TO PUT MONEY DOWN WHEN IT WOULDN'T RUN. He apologized for my wasted time and said he would call me when he got it fixed and that we would work it out for my trouble. I agreed and left because it seemed like he was an idiot and was taken advantage of by his "friend". Next day he told me "friend" was having carb cleaned and rebuilt by bike tech, since son is deployed, and that bike was mine and he would call me so I could hear it run before we talked about the sale and logistics.
Last night I got a text from him saying a guy came by to look at it and the bike did the same thing. The guy tinkered with it and offered him $1200....so he sold it to him. He was an idiot...a lowdown idiot. Gone!

SRAD97750

Staff member
Everyone feels that way when the bike you had your heart set on, gets sold out from under you.
It's natural, but what I've learned from buying over 30 motorcycles over the last 10 years... there's always another one that is better. Everytime.

Keep looking, you'll forget all about that smoky jalopie you have been pining over. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Whats wrong with fat? Do you mean phat or fat? I'm suppose to look at it tomorrow evening. No go? 2001 $1300 Runs strong, good shape, white bros pipe, rockstar graphics. says it needs carb cleaned.
sounds like a good deal to me those are some really good dual sport bikes

How much did you offer the guy in the begining? Wasn't it 1000? Sounds to me like you should have bought it for that 1000. :noidea:
I was willing to give a G for a bike that would start and run, but it wouldn't. I am thinking I should have taken it as is. I didn't though.

It's getting tougher because spring is around the corner here and folks are buying them all up. No offense to anyone but I am a Suzuki man. Some are Ford, some are Chevy, some are Honda and I am Suzuki. I would love an RM 125. Not many out there. I see some RM 250's out there but I feel they would probably be too much for me just riding on trails.