Buying advice.

Your way wrong about the 250 being too much for trials rm250 is what I own and ride on the trails. I would rather have a 250 over a 125 alllllllll day long!!! You can lug a 250 easy and a lot more low end torc for the hills. Just saying. Don't count a good deal on a 250. You'll be over looking the best trail bike out there :prof:

Your way wrong about the 250 being too much for trials rm250 is what I own and ride on the trails. I would rather have a 250 over a 125 alllllllll day long!!! You can lug a 250 easy and a lot more low end torc for the hills. Just saying. Don't count a good deal on a 250. You'll be over looking the best trail bike out there :prof:
See....I knew I would get that from you. I expected as much because it is what you ride. Let me ask you this...I feel that the weight of the 250 would be the factor. How does the weight of a 250 compare to the 125 as far as when it is actually under you? I can manhandle a 125. I have to admit the one and only 250 I have had was a CR250 for a summer and to me it felt heavier and not as agile when it came to maneuverability. It seems easier to get out of trouble on a 125 compared to the 250. That was many moons ago though.

SRAD97750

Staff member
The weight will be VERY similar between the two. The only difference is the engine! Maybe 5 lbs different.

In MY Opinion...
Don't confuse PEAK HP with USEABLE TORQUE. They are very much different.
A 250 will be alot easier to get out of trouble on the trails with the added torque down low.
A 250 you will be shifting alot less frequently, where the 125 always has to be in the 'perfect' gear.

-BIG DAN:thumb:

Listen to what BigD said. He is right on point. I am not the only one that will tell you this. I have rode quite a few 125's and 250's. My brother has two 125's. I also own a KDX200 probably the best trail bike you can get. One of my sons owns a 250f and it is a nice trial bike as long as you don't kill it(four strokes suck to restart) but If you like shifting a lot and working the dog piss out of the clutch, then by all means go with 125. I have nothing against them. I think they make better riders out of most...especially someone learning, but what I don't like is all the shifting all the time. I can be in the wrong gear on my 250 by one gear and still power out of a situations. With the 125, you'll have to shift.:prof: Like biggieD said the they are basically the same weight and they are the same size. Google the specs on the two RM125 and RM250. Let me tell you this, if you think the 250 is heavy...good luck on that 400 four stroke :wow: that is the weight of two 250's!

Look into the 250's also look at the KDX200/220's they are some nice ass bikes! They are a little heavier than the 125's and 250's but they make up for it in the tractor-ing ability they can do up hills. I can ride my 200 all day and not be half as wore out as when I ride my 250. the 250 wants to pull your arms off sometimes where the 200 just rolls on slow and smooth. It also has a FWW that helps. If I could just get my oldest son trade me so I could ride it every once in a while. :smirk:

Listen to what BigD said. He is right on point. I am not the only one that will tell you this. I have rode quite a few 125's and 250's. My brother has two 125's. I also own a KDX200 probably the best trail bike you can get. One of my sons owns a 250f and it is a nice trial bike as long as you don't kill it(four strokes suck to restart) but If you like shifting a lot and working the dog piss out of the clutch, then by all means go with 125. I have nothing against them. I think they make better riders out of most...especially someone learning, but what I don't like is all the shifting all the time. I can be in the wrong gear on my 250 by one gear and still power out of a situations. With the 125, you'll have to shift.:prof: Like biggieD said the they are basically the same weight and they are the same size. Google the specs on the two RM125 and RM250. Let me tell you this, if you think the 250 is heavy...good luck on that 400 four stroke :wow: that is the weight of two 250's!

There just so happens theres a kdx 200 that looks pretty good. $1500 good tires, fmf pipe, says more extras. But its green and I have never been about green for some reason.

There just so happens theres a kdx 200 that looks pretty good. $1500 good tires, fmf pipe, says more extras. But its green and I have never been about green for some reason.
I have owned all the of the big four Jap bikes and even a euro husky. I have never seen any of them compare to my RM.:smirk: seriously my KDX is a real nice bike. I prefer to ride my RM most of the time, but when I do get to ride my green bike I love it too. Just pick a color and :ride:

That looks to be well maintained. Good buy..
02? Looks good :thumb:

Sorry..I have been just a little excited riding and tinkering. My son rode with me for 384 miles round trip to go pick it up today or yesterday. Good daddy/son time.

Here's the skinny on my acquisitions:
2007 Suzuki DRZ125
Seller wanted $900. Gave $700.
Eveything looks ok with it. Rear fender cracked. It needs tires and tubes. It had a slight hesitation. Filled it up with 93 octane with an oz. of Seafoam and Berrymans each in a two gallon container. Hesitation has quickly improved, almost gone. ALTHOUGH, I still have a sputter at high rpm.. Something is robbing power. I'm replacing the air filter. Probably going to wait for the current tank of gas to empty and see what it feels like on the second tank of gas. I see a carb cleaning coming. The tires and tubes shouldn't be that bad....right?

TODAY!!
2004 Suzuki RM125
Seller wanted $1500. Gave $1250.
Good looking bike. Top to bottom rebuild last summer. FMF exhaust. Clean. New front tire. Helmet. Hadn't been started in three weeks. Started on second kick. Gas was pouring out of the overflow. Said he had never seen it do it before but it stopped after we ran it. Hasn't done it since. Needs back tire and tube. Has a broken tooth on the front sprocket. Chain has a lot of slack. IT RIPS THOUGH! I will swap the tube, tire, chain and sprocket all in one swoop. I should be able to change all those items with a fair amount of ease??? Plus an air filter.

I would like to thank all the input that everyone in the thread has provided!

Nice!! But that's no 04. It looks like an 02 to me. 01-03 are the only models with the brake line routed that way. 01 has the straight box swing arm and they started with that tapered swing arm in 02 it is at least an 02 but not any newer than an 03. Check the vin #. The 10 digit with tell you what year it is.

Nice!! But that's no 04. It looks like an 02 to me. 01-03 are the only models with the brake line routed that way. 01 has the straight box swing arm and they started with that tapered swing arm in 02 it is at least an 02 but not any newer than an 03. Check the vin #. The 10 digit with tell you what year it is.

Wow! Good call! Three different decoder sites say 2003.