Pro BUDDS CREEK!

James

Staff member
there was 2 or 3 crashes with red flags but it was strange.....next race never seemed ready to drop the gate as soon as the race ended. Buds was my home track (1st race there in 1976) so I really wanted to race there again.....but I will never race Am day at a national again.

Just my opinion but.... I am getting the feeling that they dont want to have Am days with $160 camping /pit plus $50 per class sign up....seems like they are pricing it out of reach.
From what I understand Pro National week is typically when these tracks make their money for the year.

Haven't had the opportunity to see how other tracks run amateur days, during pro week, however Redbud runs a very tight ship.

BTW don't forget the transponder fees. :bonk:

Budds makes a ton of money if you think about it. they have races about 2 times a month, public ride day once a month, and alot of the other days it is rented out. pluss the national

James

Staff member
Budds makes a ton of money if you think about it. they have races about 2 times a month, public ride day once a month, and alot of the other days it is rented out. pluss the national
I'm willing to bet that they also have some serious overhead. Lets say in a Redbud open ride you have 200 riders ($30) and another 250 non-riders ($5), That's $6,000 for the riders and $1,250 for non-riders, for a total of $7,250.

Off the top of my head I can think of ~30 staff, which is mostly flaggers. Gates open at 10am and riding is over by 6pm, so if you pay 30 people $10 a hour, it'll be $2,400. The rest of the costs I don't really have an estimate for; you'll also have insurance (which I could see running in the upper hundreds, if not a grand), medical/ambulance crews (again hundreds), fuel & equipment costs (probably one of the biggest expenses they have), track prep for the day(s) before the event, etc... Plus if this is the track owners full time job...

James

Staff member
Aren't flaggers on open days and am days volunteers?

That being said I'm sure their insurance bill is huge.
I'm sure it depends on the track. Pretty much all the ones I've talked to have never even been on a bike (and aren't volunteers). :bonk:

tracks around here dont even have flaggers on ride days (actually I think Budds does, but the others dont) but yeah your definatly right about the expences. insurance is probably alot and the cost of the property it self and taxes along with it are alot too i bet