Buckrun! It's me!

Thanks to all for the good wishes!

I'd peg myself at about 60% of normal. I still have to grab a tree on the way up and down my hills. BUT! I'm getting up and down those hills! Actually, it's good therapy.

I managed to still get shit done around my cabin! I'll attach pics. I have a hollow below my cabin that is a venison-tura freeway for game. But it's too steep for me to get down there with my tractor and brush-hog. Shit! It was rife with 7' tall weeds that I couldn't whack down in my condition. So, I still had a gang of fruit trees to plant, what to do?

I took the only thing that would get down there, my 4 wheeler, and chained a giant oak pallet behind it with some cinder blocks on top, and mowed the whole place down! Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! It was creepy! It was creepy because I became on a first name basis of every giant orb web spinning spider in the world! Face first with giant creepy spiders on my head, chest, neck, legs...

After loosing my voice screaming like a girl, I got it done. Not done, but done enough to plant my trees.

I even had the physical gas left to carve down all the trees to let me get my brush hog down there. That will wait for another day... I still have a lot of saw work to clean it up. All the trees I'm leaving standing are Black Walnuts. Good for the critters and valuable timber.

It's deer season. I'm not that anxious to kill something, unless its a huge buck. I killed the Farles out of them, Charles, last year, so I still have a bunch in the freezer.

Saturday nite, we closed down the local pimple of a local bar. It was epic! Got to love the locals in Butt-Jam Egypt! Very colorful! I almost broke a vein in my bean that night from laughing! Got back to the cabin at 3. Ooooo...Had the "big head" thing going on the next morning....

Here are some pics from my hard-won new food plot and fruit trees. It shows what I did and the spots I had to deal with and still have to carve out from mother nature. Yeah, boring to most, but to me it's a canvas and I have my paint brush loaded with new trees and fresh terrain!IMG_0440.JPGIMG_0441.JPGIMG_0442.JPGIMG_0443.JPGIMG_0444.JPGIMG_0445.JPGIMG_0446.JPGIMG_0447.JPGIMG_0448.JPGIMG_0440.JPGIMG_0440.JPGIMG_0440.JPG

Cheers!

John

Thanks to all for the good wishes!

I'd peg myself at about 60% of normal. I still have to grab a tree on the way up and down my hills. BUT! I'm getting up and down those hills! Actually, it's good therapy.

I managed to still get shit done around my cabin! I'll attach pics. I have a hollow below my cabin that is a venison-tura freeway for game. But it's too steep for me to get down there with my tractor and brush-hog. Shit! It was rife with 7' tall weeds that I couldn't whack down in my condition. So, I still had a gang of fruit trees to plant, what to do?

I took the only thing that would get down there, my 4 wheeler, and chained a giant oak pallet behind it with some cinder blocks on top, and mowed the whole place down! Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! It was creepy! It was creepy because I became on a first name basis of every giant orb web spinning spider in the world! Face first with giant creepy spiders on my head, chest, neck, legs...

After loosing my voice screaming like a girl, I got it done. Not done, but done enough to plant my trees.

I even had the physical gas left to carve down all the trees to let me get my brush hog down there. That will wait for another day... I still have a lot of saw work to clean it up. All the trees I'm leaving standing are Black Walnuts. Good for the critters and valuable timber.

It's deer season. I'm not that anxious to kill something, unless its a huge buck. I killed the Farles out of them, Charles, last year, so I still have a bunch in the freezer.

Saturday nite, we closed down the local pimple of a local bar. It was epic! Got to love the locals in Butt-Jam Egypt! Very colorful! I almost broke a vein in my bean that night from laughing! Got back to the cabin at 3. Ooooo...Had the "big head" thing going on the next morning....

Here are some pics from my hard-won new food plot and fruit trees. It shows what I did and the spots I had to deal with and still have to carve out from mother nature. Yeah, boring to most, but to me it's a canvas and I have my paint brush loaded with new trees and fresh terrain!View attachment 18140View attachment 18141View attachment 18142View attachment 18143View attachment 18144View attachment 18145View attachment 18146View attachment 18147View attachment 18148View attachment 18140View attachment 18140View attachment 18140

Cheers!

John

Awesome NON-RR... best I've read in a long time...
"BIG HEAD Syndrome"... :lol:
"Butt-Jam Egypt"... :lol:
"Charles/Chuck - Farles/:f: ......... :lol:

It's good to have U back on here... keep on getting better. :thumb:

Hey! It's me again! Buckrun!

I got a new job. I'm making good coin. Life is good.

I'm hunting critters. Again.

In the daytime, I'm working my ass off at my cabin cutting and splitting firewood for the winter. It is fabulous! It is really cool! Manna to the soul! Nothing around me for thousands of acres! Just nature! I do my thing. Cut wood. split wood. Drink beer. It's very satisfying.

It's very physical work. Which is good for me, seeing that I had my heart carved out my chest a couple of months ago I get better as the days go by. I don't do anything very fast. Slow and steady. That's my rule. Everything get's done at the end of the day.

And the campfire makes it good at the end of the day

John

got to leave you with this tune:Indian Summer by Joe Walsh, awesome and very appropriate for EXACTLY what happens in my life....

It's a cheap rip-off, but play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o8y0uLQY6M

Glad you're giving us status updates.. good to see you're up and at it. I feel the same way when I'm out at the Rez, even though I have neighbors (to one side a couple acres away) there';s no one else for about 20 or so... it's quiet for the most part... I think it's more so the feeling you get knowing you have no worries, this is YOURS to do as yuou please and whatever accomplishments you make are yours, you've done it and no one can take it away!....

seriously! :prof:

Buck - being out at the cottage is pretty much a spiritual experience to me. After the kids have drained every Gerry-can of gas in the boathouse and dinner is long since been devourered, I usually tune up my guitar, play about three chords of "7 Spanish Angels" and say, "Furk it, there's a scotch bottle with my name on it"! :smirk: Here's to being in the woods :cheers:

I do not have a piece of property to go to and relax. I do however get this experience when I go away from civilization in my motor home up high in the Sierra's with my trout stream rushing along the banks. Problem is you need to go when other jerks are not there. I also get some of this piece of mind out in the desert with the wind howling and just looking at the vastness. Glad you are doing better Mr. Buck. :thumb:

Awesome NON-RR... best I've read in a long time...
"BIG HEAD Syndrome"... :lol:
"Butt-Jam Egypt"... :lol:
"Charles/Chuck - Farles/:f: ......... :lol:

It's good to have U back on here... keep on getting better. :thumb:

It's good that someone recognizes a wry sense of humor!

I'll post up another pic!

It's easy! A gimmee..where does this come from? My t-shirt...

Attachments

• general 390.JPG
    general 390.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 13