South Bradshaw Trail: Mar 22-24 2013

its true tho rez. i know you dont have the interest but those things that use to be scary actually become scary if you DONT do them. my wash riding has got a lot better once i figured that out... im still sketchy and prolly over work myself but i dont have a stabalizer either.

:thumb:
its true tho rez. i know you dont have the interest but those things that use to be scary actually become scary if you DONT do them. my wash riding has got a lot better once i figured that out... im still sketchy and prolly over work myself but i dont have a stabalizer either.
I stabilizer will make a big dif in the sand. Click it a few clicks and hold on.:ride:

Turning is the worst!! I dont care how on the tank I am. And gassing it on a turn when perhaps there are obstacles, I just dont do well. So is this ride 100 percent sand? 3/4 sand? 1/2 sand? 1/4 sand? Sands like a great ride to me, except for the sand:smirk:

I don't go near the tank in the sand. Charge hot into the corner, rear brake slide to get your rear to come around, then punch the phucker. :devil:
My sandwashes sometimes get a little tight in the turns. Otherwise if they are nice sweepers than as Timo stated, but I normally do not use much bak brake, just chop the throttle to lighten the rear end and let it drift a little. Hammer the throttle and let the front get light and possibly rise off the ground and carry it for a spell.

Crap hold on, I need to excuse myself to clean up now and go have a smoke. :devil:

you never drag the back break in corners CDA?

someone at the track told me that a long time ago. i am now more confident with my riding to try things (like your little mini whip things over whoops in turns) and sometimes it does help. I was told it helps suspension even out better. :noidea: it could be in my head i guess.

I very seldom use my back brake for anything as it usually just locks up the tire, I just let off on the throttle. I usually try to scrub off excess speed before entering the turn using front brake only if necessary but usually compression braking is enough for me. Same as downhills, back brake is used very lightly as the front one gets 80% of the use.

i definitely use my back break a lot without it locking up. at first not so much but now i can actually get a feel for it. but thats not the point of why i would drag the brake. its not to slow down cause i am still on the gas even dragging the brake.

Me no espert on this however my thoughts are... guys coming hot into a corner need to keep the R's up by down shifting and by locking up the brakes it's possible to stall... especially with a 4t. :prof:.......... :devil:

Shouldn't all this shit be in the Technic thread zone? Why you guys always screwing up threads. I am telling BK like Speakerman :cry: and you guys are going to get washed. :smirk:

This thread BLOWS! :tumbleweed:

My thoughts on Sand: "Learn it... get over it... or sell the daaaaamn BIKE !" :lol:

For those with sand trouble... try a smaller rear tire and a wider front. It floats more evenly round corners in sand... 110 rear... 90 front works nicely for this. Most people run a 120 or 140 rear with 80 front. This causes the front to push more. If you don't like to throttle through corners try the tire combo.

Most of us spend years hating sand instead of a few weekends LEARNING it. Come to Bradshaw and we'll spend one day doing sand drills. That will put an end to sand-hating.