Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in New York City

If I was to have to guess, I would say pissed off driver at bike for lane shareing and she said something nasty to him to which he kicked the car and she rand into him. :noidea: must have been bad day for both to act this way. I admit I have my days and feel running over some motherphuckers but to act on it is crazy. :crazy:

Human Life inside the vehicle, Human Life outside the vehicle... I don't see any difference.... :noidea:-BIG DAN

I think there is a difference. 100 angry bikers versus a man and his family surrounded, and then one biker vs a woman (with many other people around to help). The biker in the second video, I dont think, had any intention to stay and beat up the lady. That was certainly not threatening. Now if he had got off his bike and started trying to rip open her door or bust in her window, then sure, run him over.

It looks to me that the only thing he did was try to turn the ignition off, not pull her out and beat her up.

James

Staff member
Human Life inside the vehicle, Human Life outside the vehicle... I don't see any difference.... :noidea:-BIG DAN
This is what I was getting at but in less words. :thumb:
I think there is a difference. 100 angry bikers versus a man and his family surrounded, and then one biker vs a woman (with many other people around to help). The biker in the second video, I dont think, had any intention to stay and beat up the lady. That was certainly not threatening. Now if he had got off his bike and started trying to rip open her door or bust in her window, then sure, run him over.

It looks to me that the only thing he did was try to turn the ignition off, not pull her out and beat her up.
Well, when you say it's ok to run him over, in which scenario? After he kicks her car or after he gets off his bike and starts to come towards her? Baca use unfortunately we don't get the camera angle on what he was doing when he got off his bike.

1)verbal argument
2)biker kicks car
3)driver hits biker with car knocking him over
4)biker walks towards car but we don't know what he does. We do know he ends up on the hood of the car and going for the ride of his life. :lol:
5)driver drives into curb, other cars with biker on hood
6)biker reaches in car to get keys so driver can't flee seen

Seems each step compounded a minor altercation and escalated it into a bad situation all around. Where does one draw the line and try and put responsibility? Proportionally? Severely? Surely the use of a car as a weapon should be treated more severely than the kicking of the car. That caused the reaction of the biker to come towards her. BUT, now that the biker has come towards her, you have to get inside her head and she may be fearing for her life. She needs to get out of there NOW! A reasonable response? Who's to say?

Good stuff :thinking:

Well, when you say it's ok to run him over, in which scenario? After he kicks her car or after he gets off his bike and starts to come towards her? Baca use unfortunately we don't get the camera angle on what he was doing when he got off his bike.

1)verbal argument
2)biker kicks car
3)driver hits biker with car knocking him over
4)biker walks towards car but we don't know what he does. We do know he ends up on the hood of the car and going for the ride of his life. :lol:
5)driver drives into curb, other cars with biker on hood
6)biker reaches in car to get keys so driver can't flee seen

Seems each step compounded a minor altercation and escalated it into a bad situation all around. Where does one draw the line and try and put responsibility? Proportionally? Severely? Surely the use of a car as a weapon should be treated more severely than the kicking of the car. That caused the reaction of the biker to come towards her. BUT, now that the biker has come towards her, you have to get inside her head and she may be fearing for her life. She needs to get out of there NOW! A reasonable response? Who's to say?

Good stuff :thinking:

I see it this way;

It looks like the lady started it (looks like he was lane splitting, and she didn't want that to happen). The biker kicks the car. That is not life threatening to the car driver. But when she tries to run him over, that is life threatening to the biker. Biker gets off to try and confront her. Then she proceeds to try and kill him with her car. :lol: I know we cant see what the biker is doing before he ends up on the hood of the car, but wouldn't that mean he had only reached the front of the car before she pinned it WFO? I dont think she can rightly say her life was in danger. She seemed to be driven by anger, then way overreacted when he went to confront her. I know if someone just hit me with their car, I would start WTF'ing at them.

Now, the biker never should have kicked her car. But that is no reason for the lady to run him over.

I see it this way;

It looks like the lady started it (looks like he was lane splitting, and she didn't want that to happen). The biker kicks the car. That is not life threatening to the car driver. But when she tries to run him over, that is life threatening to the biker. Biker gets off to try and confront her. Then she proceeds to try and kill him with her car. :lol: I know we cant see what the biker is doing before he ends up on the hood of the car, but wouldn't that mean he had only reached the front of the car before she pinned it WFO? I dont think she can rightly say her life was in danger. She seemed to be driven by anger, then way overreacted when he went to confront her. I know if someone just hit me with their car, I would start WTF'ing at them.

Now, the biker never should have kicked her car. But that is no reason for the lady to run him over.
Yeah, that seems to be the most reasonable conclusion especially since the biker ended up on the hood of the car. All this kinda stuff is interesting during the week, but can't wait to go riding tomorrow :banana: (well, and the next lunch with REZ) :smirk:

My view of the second vid - As many if not all of us were taught "sticks and stones.....etc", that means there is no reason to kick (damage) her car which I doubt he would have exchanged ins info... I will say her response was overkill but then again, is he in charge of what level of frustration/anger that person was allowed to have at the moment? He surely showed a high level of it...

Now if he responded due to the driver almost hitting him while cutting traffic ... not the drivers fault, moving over for a motorcyclist is a courtesy NOT the law and if the driver didn't want to or maybe didn't see him is that thje drivers fault???

It may sound as though I am siding with the driver over the biker and I may be with what I have to go with... UP TO giving the guy a ride on the hood! Like TS said, you'll need to get into the drivers head to know that! :noidea:

Same group, same aggression, different outcome. Apparently 'flooring it' isn't the only action you can take... Turns out a broken mirror is alot less trouble than attempting to kill someone with your vehicle (justified or not)...:noidea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZkgPfGX_l0

-BIG DAN:stirthepot:

I'm starting to think these guys deserve to get ran over. What a bunch of worthless pricks.

And I'm defending a Prius driver...look what they've done!

Maybe the presence of family makes a difference. I'm sorry, but if I had my family in the car and these bikers were trying to aggressively open the doors, I would run them over. You dont know what their motive was. Mine would be to defend by all means necessary.

Same group, same aggression, different outcome. Apparently 'flooring it' isn't the only action you can take... Turns out a broken mirror is alot less trouble than attempting to kill someone with your vehicle (justified or not)...:noidea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZkgPfGX_l0

-BIG DAN:stirthepot:
Different circumstances though. In this case, they weren't attempting to go after the driver. In the Range Rover case, since there was ready an accident (white t-shirt guy with green back pack), they were going after the driver so he then sped off running people over. A change in the variables can easily change the expected outcome.

Yeah, that seems to be the most reasonable conclusion especially since the biker ended up on the hood of the car. All this kinda stuff is interesting during the week, but can't wait to go riding tomorrow :banana: (well, and the next lunch with REZ) :smirk:

Who wouldn't................... :noidea:.............. :panic:

There was just an incident the other day on the Queensboro Bridge. Apparently a guy driving a van couldn't move over far enough to allow these bikers to push their way through.... at the corner light at the end of the bridge they blocked off the van, threw a garbage can through the windshield, then proceeded to beat the truck with clubs. A traffic cop(meter maid) was injured when she intervened... Its getting worst.

i dont know the law 100% but ... a guy kicking the fender of a car is in no way = to trying to cause bodily harm. atleast i would hope so... sure the guy is a dumb fuck for kicking a car when he is in a vulnerable situation but i jsut dont see how causing some property damage makes it ok to murder someone. and yes i consider that attempted murder or manslaughter at the least. put it this way. if someone tries to run over a cop with a car that is considered a leathal weapon and that cop has the right to shoot and kill the person in the car and they will not have much legal ramifications from it.