Injured Big Dan hits his dog...

Well, I was throwing in a few quick laps to test the Lifan's new gearing. Turn 5 was faster than ever with the recent precipitation. Laying into 2nd gear and off the seat I huck the "big" jump smooth. SMACK! I strike my 115lb chow/retriever broadside on the landing. He yelps like he's been broken in half, I tumble with the overweight chinabike to a glorious and dusty resting spot. Screaming was the best way to get help, surely.
Mike comes running and I yell, "is the dog okay?" He's perfectly fine. A sigh of relief as I assess my own wounds. The Mx boots saved my ankles, but their weight destroyed my left knee. Somewhere in the wreckage I remember hyper extending my knee . Anyways, I felt okay and tried to stand up. With absolutely no resistance my knee gives out. I'm in the middle of a field with this dull droning pain burning like fire. "Get the car, dude."
Off to Kaiser urgent care for some X-ray action. No fracture and excellent joint clearance. Severe sprain is the diagnosis.
Feels really heavy and extremely tight. I have been in an immobilizer for 24hrs and the stiffness is incredible.
As far as pain, when it happened 8 out of 10. Now its about a 3 with 2 Vicodin every 8hrs.
Going to be doing my own physical therapy here at home. What do you recommend?
Sorry to hear this Dan. Glad to hear the dog is ok, and you will be too. I have had knee problems for the last 15 months and so has Mxdirtdiva. She will probably agree with what I'm going to say next. For me, the physical therapy has been everything to my recovery and especially after my "relapse" for round 2 with my therapy. Find a good therapist. It will help you dramatically. Stick to what they want you to do too. Good luck.

So how does it feel today? Do you have to stand at work? Are you sure the dog is ok? After all he cant talk about it with you.

Glad it wasnt worse and I wish you well on the healing Big D.

Pain pills and hard alcohol is NOT the best medicine. As much as others do it, I know a few who have died from doing it. Just sayin....be smart when medicating.

SRAD97750

Staff member
So how does it feel today? Do you have to stand at work? Are you sure the dog is ok? After all he cant talk about it with you.
Pain pills and hard alcohol is NOT the best medicine. As much as others do it, I know a few who have died from doing it. Just sayin....be smart when medicating.
Havent taken any pills today at all, I am able to put weight on a bent knee but not a straight knee yet. ICE ICE ICE

The dog is fine, he acts normal. We molest him frequently, pull on his limbs, he never winces or pulls away, just lets his tongue fall floppy out of his mouth... Damn dog

SRAD97750

Staff member
So I got the Cold Therapy Ice machine with knee attachments. Very cool
Looks as if it's going to be a meniscus tear. The ACL is looking good. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon next week.
Fingers crossed. My life is flipped upside down at this point....

SRAD97750

Staff member
"Theracool" is the name on the resivoir. It's just a pump and knee pad. I use an ace bandage to seal in the cold and maintain compression. It's got a manual flow dial but no timer system. Work great.

James

Staff member