best riding exercises.

Easy slim! :smirk:

Kyle, I recently started lifting hard again and training like no other since I entered B class. I gained 21 pounds in a couple months. What is going to help you most for long motos is cardio stuff. Running and mountain biking is best, and I highly recommend a rowing machine. I lift three days a week and run before each workout. I suggest timing your motos and run (not jog) the same time on a tread for the a few "motos". It adapts your heart and endurance to the regular time of a moto.
While cardio is very important, I found lifting is essential to maximum performance. I work my way from bottom to top, typically leg pressing, leg curl and do varied squats, some on balance boards, some planted, ect.. I work my way up to core doing suspended curl ups. Arm exercises are really important to eliminate arm pump. I typically do pull ups, back elevated pushups, benching, chest pressing and a few others. Lastly I finish up the day with some medicine ball exercises.
I just found this plan to work best for me. To find or modify your own, try Racer X.

http://www.racerxvt.com/category/daily-training-with-coach-seiji/16

http://www.racerxvt.com/

Lastly, some guys your protein supplement and some don't. That's up to you, but typically I mix a 32g muscle milk shake to drink during the workout or before. In my honest opinion muscle milk is the best route.
View attachment 10556

http://www.musclemilk.com/

Lastly, it's best to set aside a proper work out outfit. This prevents spread of gym sweat and shit as well as giving you a comfortable, non motion limiting outfit. Get a GOOD pair of clean tennis shoes. This is most important, because your street shoes will smell so bad your mom will throw them outside, and chicks defiantly don't like that. Athletic shorts or pants are very important, as well as a soft cotton t shirt.

:thumb: good luck out there dude. Ride hard and stay gnarly, hope the links guide you.
Wow you just devoted more time to making that then my dad spends with me in one year (and i live with him)!! thats amazing dude thanks. I should start to afford a gym membership sense im a waiter at steak n shake now... makin' the big bucks :smirk:
21lbs in gnarly are you attracting the babes more than ever now!? :D

Wow you just devoted more time to making that then my dad spends with me in one year (and i live with him)!! thats amazing dude thanks. I should start to afford a gym membership sense im a waiter at steak n shake now... makin' the big bucks :smirk:
21lbs in gnarly are you attracting the babes more than ever now!? :D
Well, I want you to know it counts if your in it for the win :thumb: I never would have cared until my best friend who races got me into it, then I've been dead set since. It's no problem :thumb: I use the weight room at my school, free! It's really nice, just getting my tax money back. I recommend planet fitness, it's 10$ a month no obligations and no ego. That last statement, I plea the 5th :smirk: But really, I'm suspicious it does :devil: I met some nice looking ladies working out for volleyball or whatever :lol:

Well, I want you to know it counts if your in it for the win :thumb: I never would have cared until my best friend who races got me into it, then I've been dead set since. It's no problem :thumb: I use the weight room at my school, free! It's really nice, just getting my tax money back. I recommend planet fitness, it's 10$ a month no obligations and no ego. That last statement, I plea the 5th :smirk: But really, I'm suspicious it does :devil: I met some nice looking ladies working out for volleyball or whatever :lol:
do work yamadogyz! and $10 a month? I think those steriods are geting to your head:P

but winter is almost here! :panic:

Hmmm, let's see... You live in an area about to go into the deep freeze. Snowmobiles? Not exactly a cheap alternative. Shoveling snow is a good workout. Perhaps it's a business opportunity and a workout in one.

A bit more seriously you have some decent suggestions here.

While there are downsides to living in California, the seasons are:

Winter - Desert riding season
Spring - Desert riding season with a little mountain riding season thrown it
Summer - Mountain riding season
Fall - Mountain and Desert riding season. For a bonus it's fire season.

Lastly, it's best to set aside a proper work out outfit. This prevents spread of gym sweat and shit as well as giving you a comfortable, non motion limiting outfit. Get a GOOD pair of clean tennis shoes. This is most important, because your street shoes will smell so bad your mom will throw them outside, and chicks defiantly don't like that. Athletic shorts or pants are very important, as well as a soft cotton t shirt.

Ah crap...I wear boots, swim shorts, tshirt, and a ballcap... :pout:

Lets just say...I am NOT reeling in the gym queens. :lol: I work alone though, so there aint any anyways.

Work on cardio, that's something I let slip hard and now I'm paying for it. I run 1.5 - 2 miles before each work out now.

Right now here is my work out set up :)

.:GYM:.
upper: Monday and Thursday
Lower: Tuesday and Friday

*on the upper body days i do 3k meters on the row machine
*on the lower body days i do 20 mins on bike machine

.:Running:.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday

.:swim:.
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday

.push/Sit/Pull:.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday