Bark Busters.

i DO think so... and i dont give a fuck what they were originally invented for( i never said thats what they were inveted for). I put them on my bike to protect my levers and grips NOT because i worry about tree branches. also i bent the fuck outta my ASV's because i laid it over with no bark busters on my 525sx. I know about the loose trick and i did that... doesnt always help when it hits ina odd way. Also I went through a couple pairs of grips before i got the barkbusters. The fact that you guys are arguing this is fucking laughable.

Easy T-rav...I was just making a statement...there's no argument on my part. Wow where did this come from? :thumb: all's good here...:hug: didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. :ride:

Bark Busters Blow................:smirk:

Is it because you can't slide your hand off the end of the grip? I have the Acerbis (hard plastic) guards that wrap around. Took me a few trips to get use to them now I don't know they're there...OK, the throttle side guard isn't there but that's not what I meant. :P

Is it because you can't slide your hand off the end of the grip? I have the Acerbis (hard plastic) guards that wrap around. Took me a few trips to get use to them now I don't know they're there...OK, the throttle side guard isn't there but that's not what I meant. :P
They are called "Bark Busters" I do not ride in "bark". I have seen guys break their wrists from hitting "G" outs and going over the bars. Guys with stuck throttles because dirt gets stuck where the throttle is now open because you cut your grip. Oh and they are ugly....:thumb:

They are called "Bark Busters" I do not ride in "bark". I have seen guys break their wrists from hitting "G" outs and going over the bars. Guys with stuck throttles because dirt gets stuck where the throttle is now open because you cut your grip. Oh and they are ugly....:thumb:

Nice to know......:thumb:

No you still want to keep them a little loose, the tape just keeps them from rotating to freely.

Use a 3/4" wide x 3" long piece of plastic milk jug..... you can snug up the clamp and it will still rotate when it absolutely needs to.

I use the Teflon plumbers tape. Well when I can find it that is. It allows the perches to turn while still making them tight. You can't crank down on the screws though and still have them be able to turn. I'm sure it works better than electrical tape.