Bark Busters.

I have a set of WPS on mine. They are cheap($50), and effective. I have tested them a handful of times and they haven't failed me yet. Granted, most of my abuse comes in 1st and 2nd gear....so there isn't a large amount of force being applied to them upon impact.
41mo%2BlkN5ML._SS400_.jpg

I run these.:

0000-Acerbis-X-Force-Handguards.jpg

Had the barkbuster on one of my bikes and I took them off and gave them to someone else. I am not a fan of full wrap around guards.

its more about protecting your levers and grips when you lay it over. thats why i like the kind that go all the way around.

I don't think so T-Rav...that's why theycall them "Batk Busters"...sure they are nice to have if you were to lay it over however the main reason they were invented was to deflect branches, limbs, brush from hitting your hands, fingers, knuckles.....:prof: When I "tipped over" while out on the Rattlesnake canyon ride my right hand guards broke...Acerbi, full plastic wrap around...must have gotten too brittle with age...Next pair might be the original BB's or like Timo's showing in his attachment. :thumb:

I don't think so T-Rav...that's why theycall them "Batk Busters"...sure they are nice to have if you were to lay it over however the main reason they were invented was to deflect branches, limbs, brush from hitting your hands, fingers, knuckles.....:prof: When I "tipped over" while out on the Rattlesnake canyon ride my right hand guards broke...Acerbi, full plastic wrap around...must have gotten too brittle with age...Next pair might be the original BB's or like Timo's showing in his attachment. :thumb:

I agree, if your just worried about your handles and don't like the bark busters get some ASV or similar unbreakables. I have ASV's with no bark busters and yet to break one on my many dirt naps.

James

Staff member
I agree, if your just worried about your handles and don't like the bark busters get some ASV or similar unbreakables. I have ASV's with no bark busters and yet to break one on my many dirt naps.
I also vouch for the ASV's. :thumb:

Put a piece of electrical tape under your lever bar mount clamps, it'll allow them to rotate instead of breaking/bending

I also vouch for the ASV's. :thumb:

Put a piece of electrical tape under your lever bar mount clamps, it'll allow them to rotate instead of breaking/bending

Old school trick was to not tighten them all the way...same difference I guess...:ride:

i DO think so... and i dont give a fuck what they were originally invented for( i never said thats what they were inveted for). I put them on my bike to protect my levers and grips NOT because i worry about tree branches. also i bent the fuck outta my ASV's because i laid it over with no bark busters on my 525sx. I know about the loose trick and i did that... doesnt always help when it hits ina odd way. Also I went through a couple pairs of grips before i got the barkbusters. The fact that you guys are arguing this is fucking laughable.