Bark Busters.

I dont know anything about bark busters.. Anyone got any recommendations .. Whats good whats bad... What will work on my 93 RM 250..

My bike is just a few short days of being ready to ride!:banana:

You can keep them bark busters... I just use regular hand guards... If you hit a tree hard enough where you need barkbusters then chances are you hit it hard enough to the point where you need medical attention... IMO

You can keep them bark busters... I just use regular hand guards... If you hit a tree hard enough where you need barkbusters then chances are you hit it hard enough to the point where you need medical attention... IMO

its more about protecting your levers and grips when you lay it over. thats why i like the kind that go all the way around.

I dont know anything about bark busters.. Anyone got any recommendations .. Whats good whats bad... What will work on my 93 RM 250..

My bike is just a few short days of being ready to ride!:banana:

These are my favorite guards. They hold up well. The last ones i had took a beaten! :thumb:

2142000001.jpg

So your saying you are going to buy a new set... And ship me yours :thumb: ... Haha... I think 2smoke got the tusk d flex for his RM... I hope he post a picture tonight...

I'm a cheap bastard and I don't go down too often so I have the less expensive Tusk D-flex type. They were around $50 or $55 I think. Those ones that timoyz linked to sure do look nice and are for sure much stronger looking than the Tusk ones.

Bark busters preform several functions. If you ride overgrown trails I consider them a must. Those plants can reach out an zing your fingers pretty good. The bark busters also do a great job of protecting your levers when the bike goes down. They also protect a bit from roost and protect you a lot better than nothing should need to do some actual bark busting.

It all depends on where and how you ride. If you like the nasty tight singletrack they are a must. On a MX track, perhaps not.

Keep in mind that this is coming from the perspective of a desert racer
I ran the bark busters, wrap around handguards, blah blah for a couple of races, and I HATED the enclosed feeling with them around my hands. However, the last time I raced, and I was well aware of the possiblity of it, wrap around handguards gave another rider a trip to the hospital, he went over the bars, and both wrists got caught inbetween the bars and the handguards, breaking both of them. I've taken my wrap arounds off, put asv levers so that a broken lever doesn't ruin my day, and put mx type handguards on to take care of roost and brush. For me, with the type of racing I do being a little more wide open, I consider the risk of going over the bars due to a hidden rock in a sand wash or something of that nature, greater than the risk of breaking my hand running into a tree, which if I hit one that hard anyway, the bike's probably going to be fubar'd anyway.
If I rode mx, there is no way in hell you would ever see them on my bike, a lot of mx tracks and series outlaw them.