Pro Atlanta Supercross 2014

look at the last part of that video again!! he says he's on the brakes so hard the frontend washes out? I didn't see the tire stop spinning one time :prof: I hit my brakes sometimes and it washes out, I know that it is caused by the tire locking up.

EDIT: also if you look closely, the only thing that made his frontend even look like it was washing out was the fact that his front end hit a dip right past that tuff block as he was coming into the corner.

Alessi turned into and aimed at tickle.

James

Staff member
I believe he had full control over his bike. He is no rookie like me. :smirk:. Do i beleive he did it on purpose NO. Do I beleive it could have been stopped yes Just buy useing his front brake. Or just take himself out Like many would do. Is it 70% back brake and 30% front brake? NO it is not. Why is the circle around his shifting foot? :noidea: I am no pro but I would be in the proper gear before the apex of the corner. Allessi has been riding like an amateur for at least two years now. That was an amateur mistake for sure.
I don't think you understand the speed that these guys carry nor the fact that in race conditions like this it's not uncommon to ride over your head. Alessi rode over his head and just came into that corner way to hot.

BTW yes a lot of the braking is done via the front brake however at these speeds the rear brake makes the difference.

There was no speed. He was crawling up until he pinned it to take Tickle out. I mean pinned it when he saw Tickle railing the outside. Nothing will stop you faster than useing the front break. Allessi's bike started to wash out in the enterence of the corner. He never even put his inside foot down. I don't think anyway I have to watch it again. Real speed.
You have to look at all the other rookie mistakes Allessi has done the past couple of years. It all plays a factor. The only thing Allessi is a pro at is hole-shots. He loses focas easily. Or is it focus. Oh whatever :P

I am watching the Replay of the race right now. Can not wait to get to the point of the Allesi, Tickle insident.
You know the part where Allessi gost-rides his bike into Tickle. :smirk: :lol: