Other Another problem with my fz1

ok well I figured it couldn't be the air filter because it has been over a week sense I washed it. today it took a while to start, and when it did the engine idle was low, and it sounded like it still had a misfire, but in all rpms though. I revved it to about 3k and it backfired then I immediately shut it off. Something is going wrong fast. What would it be? :(
Probably carbs

yes but it is my first year in it lol. I'm confident but I don't trust myself with these huge problems. I could post a video... Darren: Carbs would make it back fire and miss? it ran just fine in January

yes but it is my first year in it lol. I'm confident but I don't trust myself with these huge problems. I could post a video... Darren: Carbs would make it back fire and miss? it ran just fine in January
yeah carbs could make it backfire and miss. Not saying its not electrical, but useally carbs are the issue when stuff randomly go's haywire

ok thanks. It got bad way fast though. So I had a doubt it would be electrical. Would they just need to be synced, or re-jeted and then synced?

Ok! Ill talk to my local bike shop about it... How much do you think It will cost me for him to do a re-sync and cleaning?

Ok! Ill talk to my local bike shop about it... How much do you think It will cost me for him to do a re-sync and cleaning?
cost me 200 when i had mine done because he had to adjust the valves to get them to sync right. And that was through a backyard mechanic that would be just as happy if you payed him in bud light

Clean the carbs yourself and start it up. It would be smart to get it sync'd, but it's not completely necessary. Just remember to take notes when taking the carb apart, count amounts of turns, etc. I'd say clean the carbs yourself, then get it sync'd by a shop. That will reduce the cost...should only be 1 hours' worth of labor to do it. If you want, you could even "bench" sync it, which will bring it back to factory specs and should work just fine on a good running motor. If there is a weak cylinder, bench sync'ing will not work because that cylinder's carb will have to accommodate for that punk assed cylinder. In that case...take it to a shop. :lol:

Although, you can do it yourself too, but it's probably not worth it. I'm starting to regret cleaning my carbs as they are completely apart waiting on Motosport to get me my parts. It's boring, mind numbing work made with only little Japanese fingers in mind.

PS: I have a cure... I think you need a 97 CBR600f3. Dont worry...I've got just the thing for you! :wink:

hahaha that is sort of weird leadhead because last fall I had a 95 CBR600f3 with a 2010 aluminum frame! It was a fun bike but now that I have a 1000 I don't think I can ever go back lol. I'll call my bike shop today and have him take care of it. I might want to trade it soon for this so I want it running perfectly.
http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/3517825759.html
I love old trucks! everything from the built to last attitude, to the sound of the big cams, and the look of simplicity but beauty. :drool:

hahaha that is sort of weird leadhead because last fall I had a 95 CBR600f3 with a 2010 aluminum frame! It was a fun bike but now that I have a 1000 I don't think I can ever go back lol. I'll call my bike shop today and have him take care of it. I might want to trade it soon for this so I want it running perfectly.
I love old trucks! everything from the built to last attitude, to the sound of the big cams, and the look of simplicity but beauty. :drool:
Im pretty sure you were gonna sell me the fz1 and yz in a package deal right?

Sexy! Aluminum frame...subframe too? Tail conversion? What was left of the F3 on that bike? :lol:

Have you got a picture?