Other Another problem with my fz1

Ok I read some forums about my problem and I wanted to check to see what you all think as well. My 2004 FZ1 misfires under a load under heavy throttle. It didn't happen until I washed it one day. Then on the way home from my automotive technology class (where I washed it) it started to misfire when I gave it heavy-ish throttle. It accelerated just fine when I was soft on it and would cruise just fine. So, I thought well I must have gotten something in the ignition system wet. I waited a week and rode it again with the same problem. Except this time I got on it in second gear while it was misfiring until about 8k and then my misfire went away for the rest of the ride. Could it be my spark plugs and wires? Or my coil? Or even something else?
Here is a picture of the sparkplug, the threads are wet but the igniting end was a little dark but still dry:
download

But seriously Kyle, any chance you got water in your air box after you were washing it? Shit goes south faster than a Jewish widow with a tidy estate payout.

I bet it did get my air filter! With me running it did it cause damage to anything? or should I change it and it will go away? :crossingfingers:
can't hurt to try, just take it out and start it real quick or hang it out to dry for a while

Not likely anything got fricked Kyle - I've had this happen where water gets into the air filter and the bike ran like shit until the water was gone.

Not likely anything got fricked Kyle - I've had this happen where water gets into the air filter and the bike ran like shit until the water was gone.
Yeah i had this happen once when i rode to work in a downpour, i just had to ride it out and i let it sit in the heated building all day for when i had to ride home. Cleared right up after the water worked out of it

I did notice some condensation in the cylinder where I screw the spark plug in... not the ignition chamber, the other side lol where the white part of the plug sticks upwards? I don't understand how this is possible though. I'M TERRIFIED!! :cry:

ok sorry I posted this before I read your comments haha. Ill pray and then check to see if that is what it is... Thank you so much guys you have seriously saved me lots of money :)

no I didn't leave the choke on haha... I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow! Sense it isn't oiled could I still use my no-toil?

ok well I figured it couldn't be the air filter because it has been over a week sense I washed it. today it took a while to start, and when it did the engine idle was low, and it sounded like it still had a misfire, but in all rpms though. I revved it to about 3k and it backfired then I immediately shut it off. Something is going wrong fast. What would it be? :(

ok well I figured it couldn't be the air filter because it has been over a week sense I washed it. today it took a while to start, and when it did the engine idle was low, and it sounded like it still had a misfire, but in all rpms though. I revved it to about 3k and it backfired then I immediately shut it off. Something is going wrong fast. What would it be? :(

Aren't you like an auto tech or something?