Ankle Savers - Any One Have Them?

James

Staff member
:wave: Hi I'm James and I have an addiction to safety equipment & gear. :smirk:

So has anyone ever used these? It seems like a great idea and I can't think of any downfalls/faults off the top of my head. The idea behind it is to help prevent hyper-flexion on your ankles when you come up short.

Ankle-Savers-9.jpg

Ankle-Savers-2.jpg

Never seen them but doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I've never seen those either James but they do look kinda slick. My son sure could have used those one time last year when he came up short!:shocked: It would be worth trying those out. Can you get the manufacturer to send you a set in exchange for a favourable write-up?

James

Staff member
I wonder how this will work with the kick starter lever, will you not be able to do a full kick?

I've never seen those either James but they do look kinda slick. My son sure could have used those one time last year when he came up short!:shocked: It would be worth trying those out. Can you get the manufacturer to send you a set in exchange for a favourable write-up?
:thinking:

I wonder how this will work with the kick starter lever, will you not be able to do a full kick?

:thinking:

go to his site an watch the introduction vid. He says within the first minute about the kick start issue has been resolved.:thumb:
http://www.anklesavers.com/

Oh and they are 150 bucks too. and he don't make them for a RM.. best bike in the world and he doesn't make them for them:rant:... I guess the best ride the best and don't need them:P

They look kind of cheesy to me and could possibly cause issues if you get you foot tucked back behind the peg which can happen. Also, this dude should worry about changing the front sprocket, before he tosses a chain grenades his cases...:prof:

ive half way flexed my ankle casing a jump once... didnt get hurt cause the jump wasn't that big but i could definitely feel it start to happen.

id give them a shot but 150 seems a little steep for me right now.

They look kind of cheesy to me and could possibly cause issues if you get you foot tucked back behind the peg which can happen. Also, this dude should worry about changing the front sprocket, before he tosses a chain grenades his cases...:prof:

Holy Shiite! I've seen 50 year old crack-heads with better looking teeth than that. :lol:
And, for the ankle savers...:thumbsdown: They just look scary to me. Like there's more potential to do you harm than save you from it.

explain your points of how it does more harm for us... cause the vid has me convinced that they would in fact do what they say they will do.

If i didn't ride track i wouldn't even consider these but ive come up short on smaller jumps and felt what they speak of.

My first reaction when I saw these pegs was that I would get my boot , or even pants, caught on them. I could also picture bush getting snagged in the extra piece of peg even worse than it already does. Now, after watching the video, I've some what changed my mind. They do appear to be designed and tested well enough to not get in the way while riding. The bush thing still could be a problem I think. I don't know about every body else, but I have a hard time keeping away from those creosote bushes :noidea:
For the racer,track rider, or the crazy jumper these would probably be a good thing. I just think that for me, they would be pretty useless.