Ankle Savers - Any One Have Them?

yea it seems they are targeting the track rider with these.

anyway when you hit bushes it doesn't affect your feet or ankles before the peg? I could see your point about maybe a branch or something getting caught in it somehow

yea it seems they are targeting the track rider with these.

anyway when you hit bushes it doesn't affect your feet or ankles before the peg? I could see your point about maybe a branch or something getting caught in it somehow

This is what I'm talking about. I like to ride off trail whenever I can. It's fun trying to find a line thru the desert by dodging bushes, or any other obstacle. Sometimes I can't dodge fast enough, and will plow right thru a bush. My feet don't usually get knocked off the pegs, but what normally happens is branches get snagged by the pegs. Sometimes I ride for miles dragging along a 3 ft long branch before I finally notice it. :bonk:

James

Staff member
For the racer,track rider, or the crazy jumper these would probably be a good thing. I just think that for me, they would be pretty useless.
I'm pretty sure these were designed for MX and not trails. Or do your trails have 60ft doubles that you can case? :smirk: I can see how it would get annoying though, if you used your bike for both MX and trails.
i just thought of this... they would also catch your foot as you tried to start your bike
:thumb: That's what I was saying, but I guess its not to bad. :noidea:

My son has been racing with the ankle savers since they first came out.They have been thru several changes.He is currently racing with them in supercross along with several other riders now.Here is the latest version of the new ankle savers:

4.jpg

My son has been racing with the ankle savers since they first came out.They have been thru several changes.He is currently racing with them in supercross along with several other riders now.Here is the latest version of the new ankle savers:
4.jpg

Cool. thanks for sharing. BTW who is your son so we can root for him on Saturdays?

James

Staff member

View attachment 2029
That does look like a better design. :thumb: I'm guessing that they figured out that all that "grip" on the back piece wasn't really necessary.

BTW welcome to DBA :cheers:

Hmmm funny thing. well not funny, coincidental.
I was reading this thread on Friday before I went to SX practice.. Guy next to us told me I was wasting my money on expensive MX boots when his Timberlines were more than capable... He rolled out for practice and 15 mins later rolled back in with his left foot at a 90* angle...

Cool. thanks for sharing. BTW who is your son so we can root for him on Saturdays?

Johnny Moore #140 east coast lites class. There are alot more sx riders using them now such as....231 Jake Lowry,
Teddy Parks 247, Alex Ray 314, Kyle Gills 521, Hunter Clements 93, AJ Cantanzaro 330,Gared Steinke 726 and Preston Mull 565

Johnny Moore #140 east coast lites class. There are alot more sx riders using them now such as....231 Jake Lowry,
Teddy Parks 247, Alex Ray 314, Kyle Gills 521, Hunter Clements 93, AJ Cantanzaro 330,Gared Steinke 726 and Preston Mull 565

will keep an eye out for him thanks for sharing with us.

These things look great they really do. I would think they would save your ankles big time...only one question I have is, (and this is the elephant in the room) why aren't the pros using them?:noidea:

James

Staff member
These things look great they really do. I would think they would save your ankles big time...only one question I have is, (and this is the elephant in the room) why aren't the pros using them?:noidea:
Probably weight, like Trav said, plus like anything else new it takes time. Remember neck braces?

Weight as of now.Only 11oz per peg.They are tooling up to produce them in titanium soon.The owner talked to Reed and Carmichael at Daytona and they both liked them.Villopoto's grandfather has a set and getting ready to put them on his bike.

They look kind of cheesy to me and could possibly cause issues if you get you foot tucked back behind the peg which can happen. Also, this dude should worry about changing the front sprocket, before he tosses a chain grenades his cases...:prof:

:lol: Nice catch.............hey, at least his ankles will be "saved"! :prof: I don't think those would have helped my cause when I fell off the tail gate...:cry:...ankle still bugs me once in a while. Now, not only are my cables busted I can't open the gate at all! :foul:

:focus:

:lol:
to be honest, i dont like tose ankle savers, i dont belive they work, and i wouldnt fell comfortable racing with them

Ask AJ Catanzaro.He cased the triple in Jacksonville. During his interview with Erin Bates he said that they definately saved his ankles.You never know that they are they until you really need them.Some people like them and some don't.Until you've tried them it's really hard to judge them.