4 Stroke Akra install

before I changed anything I would probably put a piece of tape, even masking tape over that little canister and try riding and seeing if it hits. start easy and work you way up. next if it took it to move it maybe mill off some of the end if the canister is as hard to move as I suspect it is.

The titanium canister is pretty thin so that's a no go on grinding it but the tape suggestion might do the trick.

The titanium canister is pretty thin so that's a no go on grinding it but the tape suggestion might do the trick.

Oh god I WASNT suggesting to grind the canister. Try the tape and see if it is going to touch first tho. Anyway, I would. That kicker is as pretty as the pipe and

Last edited:
One thing to make sure is that the header and muffler are a match. There are 2 different headers for the 350.
P/N 778.05.907.000 - SX-F & XC-F (13-15)
P/N SXS.11.350.500 - SX-F & XC-F (11-12) & XCF-W (12-14)

I believe your bike is a 15 350 XCF-W and not sure if it runs the same as the XC-F or would be the XCF-W. Either way they are two different P/Ns and could mount different and/or perform different as the mapping is different.

The first picture you showed it looked good, was it not tightened up?

SXS.11.350.500 is the pipe. The XCF-W is the old SX/XC frame and parts.

The pipe was not tightened up in the first pick.

I'll fill ya'll in on how it gets fixed in a bit.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Well fellas, here is what I came up with...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455062781.453191.jpg

With a little bit of force, we ended up with this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455062813.767435.jpg

That is enough clearance to keep it from banging against the can.

Thanks again fellas!!

I saw a post today that there were some "Chinese knock offs" being sold over the internet. Are you sure this is a true Akropovic? The article was about FMF being cloned, maybe the same for Akrapovic? $299 seems like a steep discount.

I saw a post today that there were some "Chinese knock offs" being sold over the internet. Are you sure this is a true Akropovic? The article was about FMF being cloned, maybe the same for Akrapovic? $299 seems like a steep discount.

Bought it from a KTM dealer in OR. Guy said it was left over stock that has been sitting on the shelf for 2 years. It's the real deal just not many people buying a $800 header pipe for a 2012 SX.

I did read about FMF having those issues. The Chinese are master of copying!

We are talking about it being off by 1/4 inch. That pipe was made for the 2012 350 SX-F which didn't have a kick starter.

The 2015 350 XCF-W is the same engine with a wide ratio transmission and a kick starter.

Not to worried about it and appreciate the concern.

Cheers

We are talking about it being off by 1/4 inch. That pipe was made for the 2012 350 SX-F which didn't have a kick starter.

The 2015 350 XCF-W is the same engine with a wide ratio transmission and a kick starter.

Not to worried about it and appreciate the concern.

Cheers
As long as you had the starter arm supported so the shaft didn't take the whole load.

Bought it from a KTM dealer in OR. Guy said it was left over stock that has been sitting on the shelf for 2 years. It's the real deal just not many people buying a $800 header pipe for a 2012 SX.

I did read about FMF having those issues. The Chinese are master of copying!

Good deal on left over.
A buddy here got one clone chinese powerbomb exhaust header which looks okey but turn out wouldn't fit directly to stock. He had to use one size larger drill bit on header flange to fit then cut slots on new headers to able to clamp it.

You know....if mines a clone I would buy the fucker 10 times over. Best chines welding I have ever seen. Makes the FMF I had look like a child welded it.

Sorry to hear about your buddies experience. I'm sure it performed just the same.