4 Stroke Akra install

I have always liked most of the products I have used from FMF, but it seems pretty universal that their race pipes are louder than the stockers by a noticeable amount. 4 strokes already face a noise handicap compared to their typically smaller 2 stroke counterparts. (The rest of the physics involved in that are interesting.)

I have always liked most of the products I have used from FMF, but it seems pretty universal that their race pipes are louder than the stockers by a noticeable amount. 4 strokes already face a noise handicap compared to their typically smaller 2 stroke counterparts. (The rest of the physics involved in that are interesting.)
I have always run FMF on all bikes however I have wanted an akrapovic system for some time. The price was right so I jumped in. I can tell you that the Akra header, mid-pipe and muffler are a piece of art. The build quality is in a different ballpark over the FMF titanium systems.

Now to see if the performance is there too.

I have had nothing but less than inspiring experiences with FMF, yet most of the time when I buy a bike it has one.
I have toyed around with buying a Dr.D for my kx, I just haven't come to grips with essentially wasting $400

Houston, we have a problem!!

So after getting everything buttoned up and taking a closer look, prior to hitting the trails, I noticed there is very little of any room between the kicker and top chamber of the pipe.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454982592.234481.jpg

So I tried to move the kicker one notch back on the gear only to find that it comes up past the bottom of the tank and will not fold in nor can you push it forward.

Is this something a vise, some heat and a little force can work out?

I'm not opposed to just taking it off and getting a cap to but over the kicker gear but would rather find a fix.

Any ideas?

before I changed anything I would probably put a piece of tape, even masking tape over that little canister and try riding and seeing if it hits. start easy and work you way up. next if it took it to move it maybe mill off some of the end if the canister is as hard to move as I suspect it is.