Air Filter Socks

Sorry Sun, but every time I see the word "pussy" come up, I start :thinking:
adult-emoticons-2.gif

So to answer your question, you cut them in the area that would give you a snug fit around the filter. You do not want them to fall off or be too tight so it squeezes to much. This is installed after the filter has been put in the bike and you leave enough so you can route it outside the air box so you can reach down and pull and it comes right out leaving you with a fresh clean filter.

Now I only used this when riding the Baja 1000 when we normally would be changing about 6+ filters during the race since it is pretty dusty down there. This process cuts that in half which saves filter changing times...:thumb:

Now, back to the other threads...:devil:

:smirk::smirk::lol::lol:

She told you!!!!!:P

Cool! So I dont even have to worry about it being over the bolt that holds the filter on huh. If the filter fits so damn tight on there, which my honda does and the damn thing is a bitch to press down on and screw in, then how the heck will it pull out that easy? It just does because it is thin and maybe has a little filter grease on it by then? I thnk Im going to try this.

Thanks for the info CDA, now back to your:devil:preferred thread!

Someone has to remind you guys now and then that this site IS about dirt bikes get you all back on topic now and then! It doesnt last long though, it goes right back to gay male bonding and hot chicks:P. That's cool for the most part. I just read and laugh. Or dont read at all:smirk:

Im on the list now:shocked: Does this mean I move to the head of the line?

Sorry Sun, but every time I see the word "pussy" come up, I start :thinking:
adult-emoticons-2.gif

So to answer your question, you cut them in the area that would give you a snug fit around the filter. You do not want them to fall off or be too tight so it squeezes to much. This is installed after the filter has been put in the bike and you leave enough so you can route it outside the air box so you can reach down and pull and it comes right out leaving you with a fresh clean filter.

Now I only used this when riding the Baja 1000 when we normally would be changing about 6+ filters during the race since it is pretty dusty down there. This process cuts that in half which saves filter changing times...:thumb:

Now, back to the other threads...:devil:

sounds like a tampon:lol: dont lose the string

Cool! So I dont even have to worry about it being over the bolt that holds the filter on huh. If the filter fits so damn tight on there, which my honda does and the damn thing is a bitch to press down on and screw in, then how the heck will it pull out that easy? It just does because it is thin and maybe has a little filter grease on it by then? I thnk Im going to try this.

Thanks for the info CDA, now back to your:devil:preferred thread!

Someone has to remind you guys now and then that this site IS about dirt bikes get you all back on topic now and then! It doesnt last long though, it goes right back to gay male bonding and hot chicks:P. That's cool for the most part. I just read and laugh. Or dont read at all:smirk:

Im on the list now:shocked: Does this mean I move to the head of the line?
Remind you that this was a trick that we used in 91 and airboxes have changed some. I would need to look at the honda box and see how this could be accomplished the easiest.

As far as the list, you can be moved right in front of me, so I can keep my eye on your err uh I mean you...:devil:

sounds like a tampon:lol: dont lose the string

Remind you that this was a trick that we used in 91 and airboxes have changed some. I would need to look at the honda box and see how this could be accomplished the easiest.

As far as the list, you can be moved right in front of me, so I can keep my eye on your err uh I mean you...:devil:

Ew PP! There you go again...LOL

Yeah the Honda airbox sucks. And I also need to get an aftermarket screw for it so it is easier to put on. I keep meaning to but it is way down the list on order of importance.

You can try to keep an eye on it...BUTT I may turn around!

No it does not get pinched. It is a layer on top. This is not meant to be the altimate cover but to keep 80+% off the dirt off to get a longer life out of the filter before having to change it.
:focus:

Not sure if I'm reading this right, but it does get pinched between the filter and airbox?

:rolleyes: Get a ROOM
Room? I know a long deserted canyon. :smirk:

I never got an answer toi this..................

Will I have to purchase "bike brand specific" or do they have various styles/shapes/sizes to choose from at a parts/accessories store? Mine is oblong, kind of wierd shape and flat...air filter is located on the right side of the bike, not directly behind the carb as they once were....

No it does not get pinched. It is a layer on top. This is not meant to be the altimate cover but to keep 80+% off the dirt off to get a longer life out of the filter before having to change it. Room? I know a long deserted canyon. :smirk:

I never got an answer toi this..................

Will I have to purchase "bike brand specific" or do they have various styles/shapes/sizes to choose from at a parts/accessories store? Mine is oblong, kind of wierd shape and flat...air filter is located on the right side of the bike, not directly behind the carb as they once were....

Butt, I didnt mean turn around for that! :naughty: I'd turn around so you CANT watch my bum...isnt that what the english call it?:noidea: A bum?

Rez...Yes, you buy the oblong legged panyhose they're at Victoria Secret:smirk:

Butt, I didnt mean turn around for that! :naughty: I'd turn around so you CANT watch my bum...isnt that what the english call it?:noidea: A bum?

Rez...Yes, you buy the oblong legged panyhose they're at Victoria Secret:smirk:

1) BUM.........Trick riding???
2) I take it fishnets won't work so well? Skins damn it skins...not hose....:rolleyes:

the filter skins come in sizes based upon general size of the motor which relates to general sizes of the filter the motor would have, so there is a size for 80-100s, 250-500s for instance

the filter skins come in sizes based upon general size of the motor which relates to general sizes of the filter the motor would have, so there is a size for 80-100s, 250-500s for instance

Do all bikes now have the air filter on the side??? Can you tell I've been out of this for a while? :smirk: I guess they would with the minimal room there is now.....Thanks for the help! :thumb:

no, most MX bikes still access under the seat

Which leads me to this...mine is located on the side which is adjacent to the side panel...it is flat. You had mentioned they sell them based on engine size...is it also based on filter shape? But thinking about it...I guess the skin could be stretched to the sides (like mine)as well as back to allow for an under seat filter...or am I wrong? Main reason I'm asking all this is because of the year of my bike (94) I'd have to order one if wanting a specific type. Since I don't want to have to order it can I get one (universal type) over the counter...?