2 Stroke advice needed?

Not at all.
A 300 doesn't have oooodles more top end rush. Just ALOT more bottom-mid end.
Makes the bike easier to lug around and not be changing gears all the time to be in the meat of the power.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
EDIT: My opinion means nothing to most people, as it's from 20 years ago... But I appreciate it.
Yep, I'd say the 200 lives in the top easier than the 300, but a 250mx bike will out rev either

just back from checking out the 300..no deal done!:( bike looked too rough for the money..the add for the 200 has been taken down so im back to square one..im sure a good bike will come up soon..i did like the torque of the 300 tho it was addictive.but i had to stick to my guns and not be blinded by the power..

what other enduro models should i look out for like the ktm exc? and would the exc be the best in its class..and did they change the name to ec w after 06..(read that in another trade)

for the price the guy is asking on the 250 i would say it has the most issues and as was already said, pass or look close and offer a lower price. of the three I would take a good 2006 exc250 over the others given prices are in line. i like the 200, but would find the 250 more versatile should i want one bike only. I like the 300 for slow going and you would find it slightly easier to ride to begin with than the 250. BUT, side by side to ride all day long the 250 exc compared to the 300 of the same year when I rode them (twice for this situation) I was confident I could go faster for my style and longer with the revier 250. it didnt flatten out as fast when wound out, accelerated just as well if not better if it was in the right gear, and vibrated a little less. the 300 though is just as good in it's own way. just beware of the beaten one in this group.

i had him down to €2000 euro..the exhaust chamber where the pipe meets the cylinder was full of gasket sealer not too worrying as i have this done on my own bike only you wouldn't notice it on mine but on this it was plastered on,far too much used and spread everywhere..the pipe was pretty banged up, one exhaust bracket broke/gone,back wheel baring not good and a bit of play in the swing arm.but he said he'd replace these if i was buying it..and after the test ride i could swar i seen coolant dripping on the exhaust..and there was play in the aftermarket bar risers that were fitted.and the break peadel was very loose .it was a young lad and i just felt the bike wasn't well looked after..pity because i really wanted it

so iv done a deal for the gas gas 300.€2000.bike is mint couldn't find a fault with it.. and it has an fmf pipe and silencer..and after market reeds from what iv seen..suspension is best iv felt ever perfect balance between back and front.. it could have put out more power tho compared to the ktm i drove yesterday but im sure with a bit of tuning she'll pull your arms off..not a bad day and i got to ride the kx today too..can't wait to collect my new machine next week :) ..does anyone know where i can get the chassie number check.??? to confirm year