RM250 90 RM 250 Starting issue

Rebuild it... Have the cylinder inspected...Piston,rings,wristpin,wrist pin bearing.. Wiseco is worth its weight in gold In my opinion. Do you know if its stock bore?

That piston is a ticking time bomb. And when it lets go .. It could take everything with it.

Rebuild it... Have the cylinder inspected...Piston,rings,wristpin,wrist pin bearing.. Wiseco is worth its weight in gold In my opinion. Do you know if its stock bore?

That piston is a ticking time bomb. And when it lets go .. It could take everything with it.
Wiseco :blah:

Wiseco is fine, but overpriced imo. Personally, I have run vertex and pro-x (cast) twin rings without any issue.

Great pistons if you stick with the 20hr replacement...
....but faster more agressive riders like us MXers, fast desert guys and people who normally rev their bike in the 10k plus range will always run wiseco's for thier durability... you get what you pay for :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ukKdOQfDk&feature=g-upl&context=G2e6a0a5AUAAAAAAAAAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udfo...ADvjVQa1PpcFNkGQkslxdnvhBNaHcElnkIK1oX4d_ohWM=

kicked it like 5 or 6 times and was over it so i bumped it again prolly doing like 35 into second and it fired up and again ran great... but this is what it is doing at idle reving it... and again when i kill it and go to kick it again it starts right up first kick...i tried to adjust the adjustment screw but it didn't seem to do anything...

With it idleing ...Spray wd 40 around the carb and around the head and base gasket...If you spray a spot and the idle goes crazy... Its leaking air there.

Great pistons if you stick with the 20hr replacement...
....but faster more agressive riders like us MXers, fast desert guys and people who normally rev their bike in the 10k plus range will always run wiseco's for thier durability... you get what you pay for :thumb:
Because I'm sure BK runs his RM250 SOO hard... lol
Whatever, im over it :thumb:

2012-03-12_17-50-47_226.jpg

2012-03-12_17-50-57_342.jpg

2012-03-12_17-50-30_603.jpg

2012-03-12_17-50-41_359.jpg

2012-03-12_17-51-14_498.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQYePiR-53Q&feature=g-upl&context=G2e6a0a5AUAAAAAAAAAA

kicked it a few times and it started and idled for 20 seconds and then died and wouldn't start again off the kick so i went to bump it again and all it would do is the piston would cycle and then it would kick on for a couple seconds jerk forward and then die...piston would cycle for a few more seconds bike would fire jerk and then die... and there was a ton of fuel and spooge comming out of the head pipe and also on the spark plug.

took the head off and this is what the head and piston look like.... and i know i know get a new piston but my question is, is that the problem? is the piston causing my problem or is there another cause to my problem? is all that spooge and fuel and crap from the piston? its just weird to me that when it fires and starts that it runs good and when its warm itl start up.

chances are you are leaking on your wet crank seal... If I were you id tear it down and do a complete motor rebuild, it doesnt take long, and will make your engine like new. By the way, your bore looks like a nikasil coated steel bore.. whats the deal?

I don't believe your compression tester anymore.

You said its a steel sleeve ... Will need to be cleaned honed and inspected ... they might have to bore or resleeve... And a fresh piston kit...