87?ish K5 blazer build

1688798_600912823322996_1165889386_n.jpg

Found these on craigslist for 200 .... 2 hours away... I got them for 125.... And they are sweet. I love them.

I hope this isn't a stupid question. But, are you having the engine and tranny either rebuilt or upgraded to somthing different? Like maybe replaceing with a LS1 carb version? Just currious.

Yeah, Its a 400 bored .040 over 13.5:1 dome pistions,phat cam.... All that jazz ... I will be building it.

Transmission is a th350, was built by B&M about 15 years ago. Very few passes on it,but its got all the harndend shafts and gears,shift kit... Its sat since i quit racing..Hope shes still good.

Have you talked to an engine shop about the 400 block? I heard that the 400 small block has over heating issues. I wanted to build a 406 useing the 400 small block. Not sure how true it is. :noidea: I have a 1969 350 4 bolt main block on my bench just waiting to be started.

Have you talked to an engine shop about the 400 block? I heard that the 400 small block has over heating issues. I wanted to build a 406 useing the 400 small block. Not sure how true it is. :noidea: I have a 1969 350 4 bolt main block on my bench just waiting to be started.
Yeah, 400's over heat if you try to run non-400 heads on them and you don't drill steam ports. 400's use simease cylinders. and there are steam ports in the heads. If you run them on the street you need to drill steam ports. This engine won't be a driver, Just race only.

On a 400 you need to worry about the block also..... On a 400 you don't want a 4bolt main, You want to buy a 2 bolt main. The 4bolt main 400's have weak casted blocks... The 2bolts are very tough.

Would it work if you drilled and tapped your block to make it a 4 bolt? Using good steel caps. Or would that just weaken it?

Yeah, To improve on the 2 bolt design you would need to have the block sonic checked And they can drill where they feel it would help.... I don't plan on going over 750hp.. And i know a few guys that run them around there. I will be well under that. And i'll use a stud girdle.