RM125 87 & 88 rm125

Stock 1985 RM's actually had gold rims... like my mint RM80 that was once my uncle's bike... I need to put some grips on it lol...

IMG_0387.jpg

which one 1st?
whats it need?
It would be a shame to destroy 1 bike to make another

One bike will be kept for parts/parting out, at least thats the way it looks right now, the 87 frame (the blue one) is the one that is gonna get built up, the 88 may become a long term secondary project.
awesome coach, so what was the damage for all that? also when did RM's come out with kick stands??
idk if they ever came stock with kick stands but both frames have a spot a kickstand can mount right up to

the 88 and 87 both had kick stands from the factory I actually have some 1987 Suzuki brochures that i'll upload if i can get my hands on a computer or scanner... :thumb:

(on my Iphone) lol

more pics by request :D

I completely cleaned the outside of the 87 cases to they were coated with oil and dirt
Photo0199.jpg
Photo0198.jpg

Pop quiz! who can tell my the year and model of the 2 bikes in the background?

I havent RECEIVED any parts yet :smirk:

I'm in the process of paying 450 for both

More pics, I guess this is becoming my rebuild thread :noidea:
Half done
Photo0201.jpg

bagged and tagged
Photo0202.jpg

Those cases look like they are in almost brand new shape Brian.... that says alot about the rest of the bike... :thumb: save them both if you can...

Those cases look like they are in almost brand new shape Brian.... that says alot about the rest of the bike... :thumb: save them both if you can...

I may try to save both, or I may part out what i dont end up using. It all depends on how much its gonna take to get the running running like i want it to, and what I estimate (from ebay prices) it will cost to get the other one going.

I may try to save both, or I may part out what i dont end up using. It all depends on how much its gonna take to get the running running like i want it to, and what I estimate (from ebay prices) it will cost to get the other one going.

based on what I see and read... with some smart shopping and patience it would be no more than 600 to do both... but you gotta watch ebay like a NightHawk! :smirk: