RM125 87 & 88 rm125

Today I took delivery of 2 RM 125's :banana:

and disassembled one of them

Here's what i know so far, after an inspection,
I have 2 motors, the 87's clutch basket is beautiful, the 88's chipped and stuff

I only have 1 pipe and 1 silencer

one cylinder is newly sleeved, the other is overbored 1 over and is basically trashed

'87 connecting rod has up and down free play, the 88 is still in good condition

I have 2 new pistons, the stock 54MM piston is for the 87 and the +1 piston i havent looked into yet, but the PO bought the OS piston to fit in the OB'd cylinder that is trashed :foul:

Both frames are in good condition, both bikes have a full set of plastics, the 88 is F/R disk the 87 is f- disk r- drum and has a matching kickstand
Photo0197.jpg
Photo0195.jpg
88 (it's all there if you look, minus the engine)
Photo0196.jpg
88 before it was in pieces
0724110920-00.jpg
Good cylinder
0724110919-02.jpg

Kick ass! :thumb: Nice bike(s) Brain, can't wait to see you and them at the next ride :thumb: Are you going to use one as a parts bike or give one to your dad or what :noidea:

Kick ass! :thumb: Nice bike(s) Brain, can't wait to see you and them at the next ride :thumb: Are you going to use one as a parts bike or give one to your dad or what :noidea:

right now its looking like a parts bike, it would need several hundred dollars in new parts to get it running, and i was gonna sell it to my dad, but now that ive looked it over, i'm not gonna screw him like that, and i am paying for it myself

right now its looking like a parts bike, it would need several hundred dollars in new parts to get it running, and i was gonna sell it to my dad, but now that ive looked it over, i'm not gonna screw him like that, and i am paying for it myself

Good chocie, I'd do the same. It's a pretty bad ass ride bro :thumb:

Thats an 85 rm125 not a 87..... post some more pics

Its an 87, i have 2 blue engines, and both seats say suzuki, not RM125
this is an 85, notice the differences in the frame and swingarm?
bikepics-990646-800.jpg

Its an 87, i have 2 blue engines, and both seats say suzuki, not RM125
this is an 85, notice the differences in the frame and swingarm?
bikepics-990646-800.jpg

Why doesnt it have a rear disk? I thought 85 was the last yr for the rear drum....... maybe I'm thinking of the 250...
sorry..... nanyways... if you want to unload them????? :smirk:
I would put them both together and ride... get an oem manual for the 87 and go from there... you can find parts pretty cheap for them.. and I can walk ya thru it pretty easy like... your a smart kid so if y7ou have the manual and some tools you can have them mint and running for next to nothing
:thumb:

Why doesnt it have a rear disk? I thought 85 was the last yr for the rear drum....... maybe I'm thinking of the 250...
sorry..... nanyways... if you want to unload them????? :smirk:
I would put them both together and ride... get an oem manual for the 87 and go from there... you can find parts pretty cheap for them.. and I can walk ya thru it pretty easy like... your a smart kid so if y7ou have the manual and some tools you can have them mint and running for next to nothing
:thumb:

87 was the last year for drum, because the 88 has rear disk, and im figuring 200-300 to get one running,