4 stroke durability

I hope to get at least 350hrs before breaking into my 650r
you should be able to get way more out of the 650.

I have never changed my piston and my bike is stronger than ever. I don't really think you have to change the piston every 50 or so hours if you are not racing and running 8-10,000 rpms continuously. Unless you buy a piece of shit CRF-R or X that seems to break down every 10 minutes.

I have never changed my piston and my bike is stronger than ever. I don't really think you have to change the piston every 50 or so hours if you are not racing and running 8-10,000 rpms continuously. Unless you buy a piece of shit CRF-R or X that seems to break down every 10 minutes.
I hope so, but im basing it all on miles. Since I got the bike a couple weeks ago I have put on 100 miles of woods, 220 miles of street

I hope so, but im basing it all on miles. Since I got the bike a couple weeks ago I have put on 100 miles of woods, 220 miles of street

Still you really shouldn't have to woory about it too much. I have a lot of miles on my bike, too many to remember. My 1000 mile odometer has turned over a few times, and it was broke for a year haha. My old boss runs his 2001 xr650 in the Baja 500 (does that sound right?) he said he only did one piston change since he had it and that's because it had a radiator leaks, lost too much coolant, and overheated and siezed.

Ohh shit!!! Sean's gonna shit a brick!!

I ride with a lot of CRF's.. They don't seem to have any more issues than the rest of the bikes.

I've had nothing but bad luck with them and have had to tow my buddies 450r out of the woods a few times. He sold it. We had a 250x that was just constantly breaking down and just needed more and more work. Just more of a headache than I thought was necessary, ill never trust them. oh well, as long as its not a crf250 or 450, Hondas are bullet broof bikes.

I've had nothing but bad luck with them and have had to tow my buddies 450r out of the woods a few times. He sold it. We had a 250x that was just constantly breaking down and just needed more and more work. oh well, as long as its not a crf250 or 450, Hondas are bullet broof bikes.
Only guy I know that owns a 250x has always had issues out of his but I didn't judge since he is the only one I know with one. I just figured he owns a lemon, err body gets one every once in a while. :noidea: except dodge's every one I know and every one I ever had was a piece.

Mike, now that is off topic :P

Ah, you mad bro?
tumblr_luey8shung1qg1o36.jpg