250F acting up

For me it is really hard not to want to at least put rings on them after I have the head off. that can backfire if the cylinder isnt prepped again though.

For me it is really hard not to want to at least put rings on them after I have the head off. that can backfire if the cylinder isnt prepped again though.
I cant afford to be putting money into the bike. Ive heard pistons last for around 100 hours.

I have seen some yamahas get that much. Just inspect the bore. Coolant can be hard on them

so everything is all good on the cylinder and piston, i put the cylinder on after inspection and there is still cross hatch and no grooves or excessive wear. One question: do the pistons have locator pins for the rings? I put my cylinder back on and the motor turns over nice and easy right now, but i didnt check to see if it has locators. I would think that if the wrings werent in line and it DID have the locator pins, i wouldnt have gotten the piston in the cylinder like i did.

Last edited:
no locators on a 4 stroke. they put them on a two stroke because the rings turn or try to, and while this can be a good thing for wear, on a two stroke they can catch in the ports.

no locators on a 4 stroke. they put them on a two stroke because the rings turn or try to, and while this can be a good thing for wear, on a two stroke they can catch in the ports.
Oh okay. I know how to set the end gaps so that i get compression and stuff. I dropped my cam clip down into my bottom end but i read online that they drop into stator area and sure enough i found the clip so that was a relief

Did i bend my cam chain guide or is it supposed to sit like that? I have it in the correct way

Attachments

• IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0122.jpg
    IMAG0122.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 9
Did i bend my cam chain guide or is it supposed to sit like that? I have it in the correct way

I don't see anything wrong, it would be hard to bend the guide without breaking it though. Just make sure when you have it all together there is tension on the chain and rotate the crank two revolutions. It should turn smoothly and everything should still line up.

I don't see anything wrong, it would be hard to bend the guide without breaking it though. Just make sure when you have it all together there is tension on the chain and rotate the crank two revolutions. It should turn smoothly and everything should still line up.

well i have to hold the cam in from popping up because the guide is putting so much pressure on it. when i took off my valve cover and cam covers the cams sat in there nicley. now this one wont (one on the left), the right one goes in just as it normally would